Sharm el-Sheikh (Egypt)
REPORTS TO: Facilities Maintenance Manager (FMM)
Conducts maintenance, fault finding and diagnostics on existing low voltage systems, to include 3 phase up to 400v and new installations, including lighting. Performs all work to current UK standards and maintain safety guidelines in compliance with IET codes and regulation. Responsible for daily management of local national electricians.
- Responsible for allocating work and supervising local national electrical teams (approx. 12 people). This includes mentoring and training when required.
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems.
- Conduct routine maintenance, inspection and testing on electrical systems.
- Ensures compliance with organizational safety requirements, including permit systems and lockout/tag out, toolbox briefs and Risk Assessment Methods Statements.
- Maintains allocated equipment, tooling in accordance with organizational standard operating procedures. Ensures hygiene and cleanliness of workshops and workspaces.
- Uses SAP to accurately record work order status, material ordering, and work hours as well as place orders for components and assemblies.
- Provide 24 hour “on call” support when required to meet emergencies or mission requirements, and cover ‘emergency callout’ duty period when rostered.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical terminology including cable sizing and basic electrical design.
- Must hold a valid Home Country driver`s license and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate MFO driving license.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of Arabic and/or Spanish desired.
- Ability to Interpret blueprints, prepare electrical schematic drawings, statements of work, specifications and estimates of material and labor, and select proper materials to be used and plan tasks.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning tools.
- Must hold a recognised home country qualification such as City and Guilds 2360, 2382, including testing 2391 or equivalent.
- 10 years electrical engineering experience in electrical systems, control, power distribution panels, electrical equipment, lighting, fire warning systems, safe practices, and diagnostics.
- 3 years supervisory experience running small electrical teams.
- For more information on salary and allowances, please follow this link: https://mfo.org/employment
- All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.
- Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
- MFO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- Please note that the closing date for this vacancy announcement is Friday, 23 April 2021 (midnight Egypt time).