The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.The IRC has been present in Liberia since 1996 and is a leader in the health sector.
SUCH Implementation Overview
Scaling up Community Health project will work in two of USAID’s priority counties (Lofa and Bong), plus an additional one to be identified by the donor. The project will support the Government of Liberia’s National Community Health Program in scaling up community health services in hard to reach and underserved communities in the above counties. The project will also ensure that county and community-level systems are equipped to deliver high quality community-based health services in accordance with the National Community Health Program policies and strategies.
This position will assist the project team with maintaining office systems and overseeing the day-to-day running of the office as well as efficiently organizing and arranging meetings, appointments including office operations and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Support the project team in coordinating the startup activities.
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Provide supplies by identifying needs of the project Monrovia office on a quarterly basis.
- Develop and maintain office filing system for finance and Administrative use.
- Improve coordination between Monrovia office and field offices by ensuring that needed support is provided in a timely manner.
- Support the finance team with the preparation and tracking of CHSS/CHAs/CHPs incentive payment payrolls.
- Support Admin and programs with the initiation of PRs in the BvA system.
- Assist in onboarding process for new hire and partner with HR to maintain office policies, as necessary.
- Coordinate with IT and warehouse on all office equipment and support with the management of all project assets.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by benchmarking professional standards, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, etc.;
- Liaise with program, procurement and finance to maintain a register of all PRs, POs and payment vouchers for tracking purchases;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to:Finance Admin. Director
Position directly supervises:
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Program Staff, County Team, Operation
External:Partner organizations and USAID