Deputy Protection Manager - Bekaa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Protection Manager (SPM) in Bekaa, the Deputy Protection Manager (DPM) will be responsible for directly supervising case management, community development, and legal teams under UNHCR protection funded programming. The DPM will provide ongoing technical support to his/her direct reports and be responsible for the smooth running of the aforementioned protection programs in PRoL area coverage in the Bekaa.
The DPM will work with the SPM to produce monthly internal reports on the aforementioned teams’ deliverables and challenges; support and follow up on the teams’ administrative and financial duties; support the team in preparing their spending/procurement plan; work closely with the program officer based in Beirut in updating the project’s spending plan.
- Provide direct supervision and support to the key staff implementing protection programming, including the; Psychologist, Case Management Officer, Community Development Officer, Legal Team Leader.
- Ensure quality programmatic interventions through regular review of data collected by Case Management, Legal and Community Engagement teams. Ensure that all data collection approaches align with protection information management principles and IRC SOPs.
- Support the roll-out of the new CommCare system for case management and legal case management. Conduct regular spot-checks to ensure safe, confidential and quality services are being provided.
- Work alongside community engagement staff to monitor and enhance the quality of activities provided at the Community Development Centre, and work to enhance diverse community engagement.
- Provide technical support and capacity building for team members, through; the development of individual work plans, yearly performance reviews, approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Support smooth programmatic implementation and enhanced protection responses through close coordination with the IRC Operations (Logistics, Finance, Procurement) department in Beirut and Zahle. This will include, but not be limited to; raising and liquidating payments, coordination with Supply Chain on asset verification and fixtures/replacements as needed, coordination with IT on technology needs.
- Enhance cross-sectoral referrals through close coordination the PRoL Referral Officer and Feedback Accountability and Response Mechanism. Ensure integrated responses to protection needs through enhancing referrals to complementary IRC programming under Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE) programming; Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Economic Recover and Development (ERD) units. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including; UNHCR, INGO, government authorities, and other key stakeholders to ensure active coordination and collaboration. Act as a focal point to donor’s various focal points on each protection program under DPM responsibility.
- Provide in-field supervision and mentoring for staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance; set biweekly meeting to discuss programmatic objectives and strategy.
- Ensure staff adhere IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Undertakes other tasks as requested by the Senior Protection Manager.