Technical Support Lead - Ethiopia (Tigray)
Our clients designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. Their technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies. They currently an opening for a Technical Support Lead in Tigray, Ethiopia.
- The Technical Support Lead will support the renovation and setting up of Polio Outbreak Control Room (POCR) in his/her country.
- S/he will work with the Country Operations and Finance Lead to ensure the adequacy of the POCR facilities, including ICT connectivity and in strengthening the capacity of the POCR staff.
- Ensure EOCs are functioning and maintain good operational management.
- Provides on the ground oversight and support for any civil works, ICT installation and other set up requirements.
- Support the procurement and deployment of infrastructure and tools to provide required services at the POCR.
- Monitors POCR development and operational capacity to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual commitments.
- Work with the Country Operations and Finance Leads, the Project Manager, Government of project countries, and donor/partner to implement EOC projects and deliver on program objectives
- Develops report for country on completion of POCR setup.
- Periodically reports project progress/issues/challenges to the Country Operations and Finance Leads and the Project Manager.
- Ensures compliance with government laws and regulations
- Ensures effective communication and coordination between team members, stakeholders, government agencies and other agencies;
- Consistently at work and on time and adheres to policies and procedures
- Performs any other duties assigned by the management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a relevant field (project management, engineering, information and communications technology, or similar)
- Two (2) years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in project coordination/management
- Fluency in English required for the Ethiopia position.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the activities of a team
- Ability to present data clearly and highlight its potential for decision making to high level stakeholders.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work calmly under pressure
Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters
Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem
Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization