AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer Coordinator
Tallahassee (United States of America)
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity, which is a one-year (12-months) national service assignment, with a modest living allowance.
- Manage, enhance, and grow the refugee mentoring/youth program to assist refugee youth and young adults. Recruited mentors will focus on improving reading skills and ESL proficiency.
- Recruit, interview, and train community mentors and volunteers that will be working with refugee youth and young adults.
- Work with IRC staff to establish a workgroup to assist with fundraising goals to support the refugee youth/mentoring program and to help refugee youth achieve academic success.
- Program Benefits : Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend , Health Coverage* , Training , Relocation Allowance , Education award upon successful completion of service , Childcare assistance if eligible , Living Allowance . *For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
- Terms : Permits attendance at school during off hours , Car recommended , Permits working at another job during off hours .
- Service Areas: Education.
- Skills: Education, Public Speaking, Writing/Editing, Recruitment, Fund raising/Grant Writing, Leadership, Social Services, Team Work, Community Organization, Communications, Computers/Technology .
- Job Type: Contract
- Pay: $256.97 per week
- Contract Renewal: Possible
- Work Location: One location
- Company's website: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps
- Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Precaution(s): Remote interview process