Re-advertisement- Editorial Associate, Office of the Executive Director, New York, G-6
New York City (United States of America)
The Editorial Associate works in the Office of the Executive Director (OED) and reports directly to the Chief of OED.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Completion of secondary level education; college and/or university education is an asset
Knowledge and Experience:
• 6 years of relevant office experience; specialized experience in UNFPA and UN system policies, procedures and protocol desirable.
• Knowledge of the work and goal of UNFPA, its programmes, policies and correspondence styles and standards as well as the United Nations itself desirable.
• Excellent drafting and editing skills in English; drafting skills in French and/or Spanish desirable,
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
• Integrity, confidentiality and professionalism
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with all colleagues;
• Cultural sensitivity, inter-personal skills and ability to work smoothly under pressure;
• Dependability, reliability and initiative
Fluency in English required; knowledge of another UN language is an asset.