Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (Analyst)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Since 2015, a sustained effort has been in place to build and operationalize the M&E system for the USAID funded EPT2/GHSA Programme. The system has been developed in collaboration with FAO country and regional teams, and USAID. The newly funded USAID Global Health Security Programme (GHSP) aims to continue supporting the MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning) system. In that view, the GHSP results framework was developed and piloted in December 2020.
The incumbent will work under the overall policy and technical guidance of the ECTAD Global Programme Coordinator (NSAH), in line with programme management guidance from the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer/ECTAD Global Programme Budget Holder (OER), and the direct supervision of the Global M&E Coordinator for ECTAD and in close collaboration with relevant ECTAD colleagues at global and field level.
The incumbent will report to the Global M&E Coordinator for ECTAD.
Support the implementation of ECTAD projects/programmes and specifically the GHSP at global, regional, and country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Liaise with technical and thematic teams at global, regional, and country levels as appropriate to determine M&E data analysis requirements.
- Compile/aggregate and analyse M&E data collected under ECTAD projects and programmes;
- Prepare and share the summary of analysed M&E information into suitable visual/narrative formats including presentation kits, reports, infographics, snapshots as appropriate;
- Support data collection and quality assurance;
- Collaborate with the ECTAD outreach team in the development of outreach products using M&E data for advocacy purposes.
- Support and contribute to M&E capacity development activities
- Support Results framework, theory of change, indicators, and case study development/design
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in social science, information technology, statistics, physics, engineering, business, or other related discipline.
- Two years of relevant experience with demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of English, and limited knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French, or Spanish.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency