National Individual Contractor on U-Report in Moldova
UNICEF Moldova is looking for a National Individual Contractor Contractor who will provide technical assistance for development and advancement of the U-report Moldova platform at the national and local levels.
UNICEF’s mission in Moldova is to make sure every child in the country is healthy, educated and safe from harm, therefore having the best start in life and a fair chance to reach her or his full potential and benefit from the country’s prosperity. We believe children have a right to live in a more equitable society, where their voices are heard, and needs met as a matter of priority in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. More information on what we do in Moldova is available at: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/
How can you make a difference?
1. Purpose of the contract
The Individual Contractor will provide technical assistance for further growth of the communication potential and to support the positioning of the U-Report as the key mass participation platform for young people, their parents, and teachers in Moldova.
The Individual Contractor will work under the direct supervision of the Youth and Adolescent Development Officer at UNICEF Moldova, for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving project related issues and information delivery.
The Individual Contractor is expected to fully comply with UNICEF programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
The Individual Contractor will be contributing to the design, planning, management, and monitoring of activities, applying and promoting the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
2. Objectives of the contract
The overall objective of the assignment is to strengthen the U-Report Moldova platform to empower and actively engage young people in decision making and resilience building, through meaningful surveys, opinion polls and educative chatbots.
A specific objective is to ensure proper implementation of the U-Report Strategy (Roadmap) aiming at strengthening the U-Report Moldova platform and position it as a national barometer of young people’s voices and opinions.
3. Details of how the work should be delivered
The Individual Contractor, under the direct supervision of the Youth and Adolescent Development Officer and in close cooperation with the established U-Report Steering Committee, will ensure the provision of development services and products of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts, applying HRBA and Human Centred Design approaches.
He/she will ensure efficient and effective overall management of the local activities and allocated resources, specifically:
1. In coordination with the internal and external partners and stakeholders, establish and support the activities of the U-Report Steering Committee that will have the goal to coordinate polls and effectively ensure impact of the collected results from young people;
2. Liaise with the Global Innovation Centre to manage information flows and build project-related knowledge, and ensure that the project implementation fully corresponds with its goals, and it’s based on the global principles and guidelines;
3. Ensure that youth opinion reports are presented to the relevant duty bearers, officials and general public through monthly U-Report bulletins, which are going to summarize results of the weekly polls and other important U-Report Moldova surveys;
4. Prepare U-Report quarterly polling plans. Based on the quarterly polling plan, draft bi-weekly opinion polls. Collect and integrate inputs from Steering Committee partners to each polling plan. Liaise with the UNICEF Country Office to ensure programme integration and that polls are reviewed and approved before being sent out;
5. Manage and monitor the activity in RapidPro and U-Report website. Develop media articles and posts for the U-Report website, Facebook and Viber accounts, as well as upload and launch polls from the RapidPro platform;
6. In partnership with the Steering Committee, contribute to organization of youth events and official meetings related to U-Report Moldova;
7. Work with the Communication section at UNICEF to run promo campaigns to reach U-Report goals in Moldova;
8. Provide inputs and facilitate production of promo materials, communication products and designs for the project needs, including materials related to COVID 19;
9. Support UNICEF Moldova in rolling out youth campaigns or projects with relevant expertise on an if-needed basis.
4. Work location and official travel involved
Under this assignment, the Individual Contractor national will be expected to work up to 3 full days per week in the UNICEF Moldova office (currently in 100 % teleworking modality), with a schedule aligned with the regular UNICEF Moldova working hours, and complete the rest of the tasks remotely.
UNICEF will ensure a suitable workplace within its premises in Chisinau, however during the teleworking arrangements which might last the entire consultancy, the Individual Contractor will have to make themselves available online from their own computer with access to internet. UNICEF will not cover any costs incurred by the contractor for setting-up and maintaining a working space outside of the UNICEF Moldova office, in order to perform the tasks of this TOR.
Subject to the evolution of the COVID-19 epidemiological situation and the teleworking arrangement instituted for UNICEF Moldova, the contractor can be required to perform their duties remotely.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
• University degree in one of the following: Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or International Development;
• At least 2 years’ experience in projects related to at least one of the following spheres: international development, marketing and communication, youth engagement and participation, youth work, advocacy, social research, community participation/ organization/ mobilization, policymaking at national or local level;
• At least 1-year’ experience in project management or coordination of a project team;
• Experience in engaging with international organizations, governmental structures, civil society, think tanks, advocacy initiatives, and youth organisations / centres / groups. Understanding of national and community-based channels of influence;
• Knowledge of the Moldova national and local youth policy environment;
• Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Previous experience with real-time data applications is an asset;
• Previous experience with UNICEF, UN and other development organizations is an asset;
• Excellent command of Romanian, professional speaking and writing abilities in English and Russian are required.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
For more details on deliverables and minimum requirements, please refer to attached Terms of reference (ToR)
HOW TO APPLY: Your online application should contain two separate attachments: Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal (templates below). Please secure the Financial Proposal *.pdf document with a password on document view; the password will be requested only from technically qualified candidate.
Applications for this assignment must be received no later than: 12 May 2021
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks: Consultants and Individual contractors are responsible for paying any taxes derived from the earnings received from UNICEF.