Human Resources Talent Pool (Roster)
Lyons (United States of America)
PURPOSE OF THE TALENT POOL
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), is the cancer research agency of the World Health Organization (WHO) and is based in Lyon France.
The purpose of this talent pool is for short term temporary and consultant contracts:
- To support HR Office with several assignments in areas such as training, organizational review and implementation, change management, contractual modalities review and HR communication campaigns.
- Assistance in general administration and HR matters (HR assistants)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
In view of (i) IARC’s Medium-Term Strategy (MTS) 2021-2025 and the realignment of the Agency to meet our new emerging priorities (iii) implementation of recommendations from IARC’s Quality of Work Life Initiative (QWL) working groups.
ASSISTANCE IN HR BRIEFINGS
- Prepare and conduct briefing sessions on key HR policies to include supporting material, coordination, and a video training repository for personnel on the intranet.
- Using the WHO Harmonized Selection Process for Fixed term and Temporary appointments, incorporating IARC specific requirements, update all recruitment documents and provide briefing and training for panel members, with the intention to streamline and improve efficiency.
- Develop and implement briefings on contractual modalities, implementation, uses and liabilities.
- Develop, guide and prepare the reevaluation of General Services positions through the establishment of G-Force taskforce, with a focus on administrative support within the scientific branches and across the Agency.
- Updating of post descriptions and profiles, including working titles.
- Identify and organize the implementation of reskilling and reprofiling of administrative staff, in line with outcomes of GForce review, including relevant training sessions with certification.
- Reviewing of Organizational structure and updating of post descriptions.
- Classification of post descriptions using the ICSC Job Evaluation portal.
ASSISTANCE IN GENERAL HR MATTERS:
- Assistance with he outreach, recruitment and onboarding of fixed term, temporary and consultant contracts.
- Assist in recruitment logistics to support evaluation, testing and interviewing of candidates and the full completing of all aspects of documentation, communication and applicant management.
- Assist in the onboarding, induction and integration training pathway for new entrants.
- Assist in drafting new internal policies & procedures, and related templates as applicable.
- Updating and coordination of HR policies and guidance.
- Support in the implementation of HR Data Analytics and KPIs.
Essential: Various levels of qualifications depending on assignment, in the fields of human resources, administration, management, data analytics, organizational planning or related fields.
Essential: Experience working in an international context. Various levels of relevant professional experience in human resources depending on assignment
Desirable: Experience working in Intergovernmental Organizations, UN Common System or similar organizations, and/or experience working in a scientific research environment. CIPD qualification or equivalent are desirable.
USE OF LANGUAGE SKILLS
Essential: Advanced/MotherTongue English Desirable: French (various levels)
Specific skills required: Excellent IT literacy skills in Microsoft Office 365 applications, SharePoint and SAP
Various levels of remuneration, depending on the level of work matter and specific assignment.
Some contractual modalities are subject to income tax.
- We only accept applications submitted via our online recruitment tool, which should be filled out in English and include a cover letter. Application profiles should include the details of all work experiences to date (full career details).
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for assessment and interview (to be held remotely).
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int
- WHO/IARC is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO/IARC has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco