Business Transformation Officer (Head of ICT Services) NOB
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The incumbent will be responsible for TEC services in the country, engaging with, and maintaining a strong relationship with the Country Office Management. Acts as the conduit between Global / Regional TEC and the country to drive a digitally-enabled operation. The CO TEC Lead will be focused on supporting programmatic activities with digital and foundational ICT services in the Country Office, in alignment with WFP’s digital strategy. Through working with internal clients, building strong relationships with senior management and key stakeholders, continual service improvements and mainstreaming of innovations, the shift to a new digital landscape supports our operational requirements.
Ultimately the incumbent should deliver efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Engage with Heads of Units to understand and ensure alignment of digital solutions with changing business requirements and priorities.
• Maintain engagement with the business throughout the development, deployment and implementation processes, ensuring that they are informed of progress and outstanding actions.
• Propose change and continuous operational improvement that supports business capabilities, by understanding needs and recommending solutions that deliver value for business priorities.
• Support coordination with Government and Partners on technical and digital activities and coordinate with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximize possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
• Oversee Foundational ICT Services, identifying and implementing innovative solutions for challenges faced by colleagues, ensuring the provision of an efficient operation.
• Contribute to the development of plans and budgets and manage the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
• Monitor and maintain IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
• Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; contribute to technology upgrades as required.
• Contribute to technical specifications and tender documents that support the procurement of IT/TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations.
• Collate and analyze data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
• Facilitate and track compliance with global IT standards, including but not limited to actions related to cybersecurity, infrastructure, data center procedures, and asset management.
• Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
• Manage and motivate a team of staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance.
• Contribute to the capability building of staff through the review and/or design of appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and Telecommunications.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
• Contribute to the preparation of operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
• Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with at least 5 years of relevant professional (managerial) work experience.
Experience: Minimum three years of postgraduate professional experience in a similar role with proven application of sound technical knowledge and managerial skills to manage, supervise and guide IT team.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has coordinated and managed small or medium projects at HQ and field Office.
• Has co-led change management procedures, activities and processes at HQ and field.
• Has co-designed standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain or at a HQ and field Office.
• Has successfully performed installation or testing of new hardware for improving or upgrading systems performance.
• Has proven experience analyzing service management results and developing service enhancement recommendations.
• Has keen ground-level experience implementing IT and telecoms systems in emergencies. (Desirable)
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Demonstrates the ability to collate time, resource, and budgetary estimates from multiple stakeholders to design plans for complex projects, implementation activities and manages the change control procedure, while ensuring that project deliverables are completed.|
|Technical Expertise||Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.|
|Requirement Definition & Management||Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source; analyses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Works with stakeholders to prioritise requirements.|
|Strategic Account Management||Proactively engages key stakeholders at existing/potential client sites to gain an understanding of how WFP can best serve as a strategic partner in meeting future business needs.|
|Business Analysis||Has in-depth understanding of operational requirements, business issues and opportunities to conduct stakeholder and benefit analysis of options to identify effective and optimal automated/ non-automated solutions that meet business needs.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and to attach your updated CV in English.
- Join WFP to be part of saving lives and changing lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rFCbNDXiw&feature=youtu.behttp://ar.wfp.org/videos/recruitment-video-ar
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
12 May 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.