Technical Advisor, Health System Strengthening
What You'll Do
● Support active CHT participation in national/regional-level NCHA Program Quarterly and Annual Review Meetings (QRMs and ARMs)
● Support CHTs to plan and conduct county-level Quarterly Review Meetings to discuss program progress and challenges at the county level
● Accompany the CHT to regional County Operational Planning Training Workshops and provide in-country support during County Operational Planning exercises to help CHTs integrate NCHA Program activities and funds into their annual Operational Plans and Budgets.
● With technical support from LMH Monrovia office, ensure that health system strengthening policies, procedures, and requirements from the national level are timely disseminated and adhered to CHT
● Provide direct technical support to the County Health governance structure including, County Health Boards, District Health Boards, Hospital Boards, Health Facility Development Committee, and Community Health Committees.
● Support CHT to develop and update county capacity development plan based on results from capacity assessments and other data sources
● Coordinate and provide technical review of all capacity building activities at the county level, lead knowledge management of LMH’s support to CHT, and manage internal LMH transition strategy for Grand Gedeh.
● Provide capacity-building support to the CHT to prepare for training, develop reports and documentations. Support the CHT to ensure adherence to national guidelines on recruitment, onboarding, leave, transfer, staff performance appraisals, etc
● Support relationship building with CHT, specifically CHFP, Nutrition Focal Person, RMNH Supervisor, Child Survival Focal Person, and RM&E Officer, for the goal of facilitation and coordination of programmatic activities, co-design of innovations, quality improvement, district supervision, and quality assurance activities, CHSS retreats, etc.
● Gather and document feedback and/or frequently asked questions from county stakeholders on Community Health Services Policy and Strategic Plan and NCHA Program to inform national documents.
What You'll Bring
- A Clinical degree (Nursing, PA, etc) or bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health, or related subject areas.
You'll Impress Us If ( Important)
● You have experience in leading the planning and conducting of training, the roll-out of national policy at the county level, implementation of Quality assurance standards, and provision of technical support to county health teams
● You have Experience motivating and empowering government counterparts
● You have experience when it comes to developing and documenting processes and procedures, writing good reports, developing, and implementing training plans.
● Have Experience in health systems strengthening and/or community health at the national or sub-national level.
Have experience in providing technical assistance either to MOH central or the CHT as it relates to building capacity, leadership management and governance and monitoring and evaluation.
● Have experience with relationship management. Have work with partners and stakeholders to coordinate health services, build relationships amongst teams, resolve issues, and achieve goals.
● Excellent project management and leadership skills.
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston, and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dealine for Apllication: May 17, 2021 at 5:00pm.