Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Specialist in Asset Management and Financial Intelligence, the National UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Support the execution of research and surveys on drug policies.
- Support the production of reports and analysis on drug trafficking topics.
- Assist methodological proposals for studies to be conducted by the Centre.
- Support CoE’s team activities.
- Assist in handling telephone calls and technical meetings.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation of public policies, public security policies or drug trafficking.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Optional), Level - Fluent
Sills and competencies
- Computer skills in Statistical packages, NVIVO, Power Bi is an advantage.
- Motivation to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Brazil and legal residents in Brazil with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 16 May 2021, 23:59 Germany time