ICT Technical Assistant G4 (National Position/ Aleppo)
- Ensures compliance with NRC (global and national) policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or proposes new initiatives in Area Office North
- Oversees the overall technology infrastructure for NRC Syria Area Office North including planning, implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support NRC operations
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides level one incident handling support to Area Office North team;
- Focal point for ICT requests from the HR (creating account – deleting account – Mobiles – SIM card – Laptops) as per the position and the need.
- Helps maintaining systems including general computer support, upgrades, software development and deployment, software installations, license management, network and printer support, deployment of equipment and end user support.
- Respond to the day-to-day ICT requests and follow up on requests with ICT MERO or HO.
- Manage ICT assets and inventories; deployment and assignment in line with NRC policies and local SOPs in collaboration with Logistics
- Keep updated documentation for all ICT configuration in the office
- Helps developing troubleshooting guides and guidelines for staff in common ICT related issues/complaints.
- Responsible for ICT capacity building and training for staff, ICT briefing for all new staff.
- Provides technical assistance in the procurement of ICT goods and services as assigned by line manager.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor
- Strong technical skills and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware malfunctions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in ICT support
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Problem Solving
We can offer
Contract period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Aleppo
- Candidates who do not fill in the website application form in details may not be considered.
-Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
You may refer to the relevant job description HERE
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.