Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Mission Planning Officer and Chief of the MINUSMA Strategic Planning Unit (SPU), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the Senior Mission Planning Officer and the SPU in ensuring a strategic approach to the whole Mission’s activities in support of advancement of the mandate;
- Work with the Senior Mission Planning Officer on supporting and operationalizing the drafting and adoption of the Mission strategic plan, the integrated strategic framework, action plans and other planning processes as required;
- Provide substantive and practical support in implementing the Mission’s mandate and ensuring proper coordination within MINUSMA and with the UN Country Team, especially in regard to integrated planning processes and shared analysis;
- Participate in various strategic planning exercises in coordination with the different Mission components and the UN Country Team;
- Assist in coordinating activities related to planning/budgeting and in preparing related documents and reports as required, including responding to queries coming from HQ New York;
- Develop and oversee an overall monitoring mechanism and ensure that all components of the mission are aware of their respective monitoring and evaluation duties;
- Assist the Senior Mission Planning Officer in formulating and managing the implementation of the Mission’s programme of work, ensuring that activities are in accordance with the mandate;
- Represent SPU internal, including in project review committees, and external meetings. Act as a resource as well as provide advice and facilitation to support planning and monitoring by the different mission components;
- Keep the Senior Mission Planning Officer appraised on all matters requiring their direct attention, assist in formulating options as to how those matters might be handled, and ensure appropriate follow-up as directed;
- Perform other relevant duties as required
International Relations; Political Science; Public/Business Administration; Programme Management or a related field. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualification and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 years of experience in Project/Programme Management, International Relations, Peace and Security or related matters is required. Previous experience in strategic or programme planning at an international level, interacting with teams, UN agencies, government bodies and international institutions is highly desirable. Experience in planning, budgeting, drafting reports and communication with headquarters is an asset. Knowledge of and experience in contributing to Mission Plans, Integrated Strategic Frameworks, UNDAFs and/or result-based budget frameworks is a strong asset. Experience in information management and monitoring and evaluation is an asset. Experience in UN field operations or comparable work for governments, international or regional organisations is an asset.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 17-05-2021