Knowledge Management Intern
UNDP’s Bureau for Management Services (BMS) has an established HR Service Centre in Copenhagen, Denmark – Global Shared Services Unit for Human Resources (GSSU - HR) – which provides human resources administrative services for UNDP, for other UN system partners. UNDP uses a partly customized PeopleSoft ERP system ‘ATLAS’ and provides services to clients in 177 countries worldwide. GSSU-HR comprises of Global Payroll Services (GPS) and Benefits & Entitlements Services (BES).
The mandate of the Global Payroll Services (GPS) focuses on ensuring timely and accurate client support and global payroll services to HQ, regional centres and country offices for UNDP and partner agencies. GPS provides services to more than 40,000 people annually with average of 35,000 per monthly payroll. We are seeking a Knowledge Management Intern who will be asked to support the Unit with ad hoc client support, data analysis and global communications to facilitate this mandate.
One of GPS key functions is training of Human Resources Administrators and Global Payroll Administrators in ERP HCM and payroll related functions. Over several years, GPS built various training content that had been shared with users in various units around the globe, and which serves as a baseline for induction training in payroll. It is expected that the Intern will assist with maintaining, customising and improving upon the current platform and content.
Under the overall leadership of the Global Payroll/Client Support Manager and day-to-day supervision of the Payroll Analyst, the Knowledge Management Intern will support team activities that contribute to training/knowledge transfer and drawing ‘lessons learnt’ as well as consolidation of inputs for policy level discussions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the existing knowledge management tools, system and content to identify the existing gaps
- Maintain the existing content into the format used by GSSU KM team
- Optimize and update the knowledge management tools, related to payroll content, to facilitate knowledge sharing among team members and for new payroll and HR administrators. With this responsibility, the Knowledge Management Intern should focus on facilitating the ease of use of the Knowledge Management Platform
- Ensure proper set up to allow for different levels of access based on the user role: either internal to GSSU; or external to GSSU, i.e. knowledge management platform for use by Human resources and Global Payroll Administrators globally
- Monitor and develop strategies to increase user engagement for the GSSU’s Knowledge Management Platform
- Support GPS in documenting so far not captured knowledge and practices and putting those into required format
- Liaise with GSSU to ensure uniformity of purpose on knowledge management activities. In addition, ensure synergies with the GSSU units on the new knowledge management system without compromising the GPS requirements
- Create simple training guides for use of the platform, targeting both internal and external users
- Support GPS in creating and maintaining its Intranet pages
- Data management and analysis:
- Client reporting, KPIs and Case reporting and tracking (PowerBI)
- Design, conduct and analyse results from Client Satisfaction Surveys and other surveys related to GSSU
- Ensure Global communication to clients and across units related to ERP HCM & Payroll administration.
- Facilitate knowledge-building and global communications support throughout UNDP’s clustering rollout of the HR and Local Payroll Centralization project
- Other support in the area of ICT and Business Process Review as required
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of another UN languages is an advantage
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Currently in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree
- Alternatively, enrolment in a Masters’ degree
- Alternatively, must have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies
- Has sound knowledge of Microsoft cloud technologies (Office 365, SharePoint Online)
- Has experience in one or more of the Microsoft collaboration and productivity tools: Microsoft Office 2013 and later, SharePoint 2010 and later
- Has experience and knowledge in at least one of the following SharePoint skillsets: site management, document management and “app” development with InfoPath forms and Nintex Workflows
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, graphic design and web standards/best practices is highly desirable
- Communications background would be an advantage
- Business Intelligence tool and approaches (Power Bi, Tableau)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage
- Please note that you will have secure your travel visa and residency status in Denmark prior to taking up your internship
- UNDP’s internship programme provides a fixed monthly stipend.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan
- Interns are not staff members and cannot represent UNDP in any official capacity
- You are expected to work full-time but flexibility is allowed for your education programme
Additional information regarding the UNDP Internship Programme may be obtained at https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/jobs/types-of-opportunities/internships.html