San Salvador (El Salvador)
Do you believe in a just world free from poverty? Could you be the motor of making sure our mission of strengthening civil society organisations working with farmers and with the right to housing is reflected in our programmes? Do you want to be part of the cooperative movement and our global strategy “Equality first” as starting points for all our work?
We live in interesting and challenging times: We Effect is in the middle of a five-year long programme period and at the same time in a process of elaborating strategies for our work in Latin America. It is a diverse context, we celebrate achievements at the same time as we are constantly refining our work to face the many challenges. The Covid-19 situation has put us even more to the test and demands and we have to ensure our relevance and modernise our cooperation.
We Effect Latin America has five country offices and a regional office with experienced and professional colleagues, and we coordinate closely with the head office in Sweden. Through multiple working groups and new communication tools you will be part of a global organisation and staff motivated by our cooperative principles and values of respect, transparency, and togetherness, present in more than 20 countries.
Our work on housing and habitat contributes to the promotion and impact of housing and habitat as a human right, to ensure access of poor people to adequate housing, at a reasonable cost, based on participation, self-management, mutual aid, collective ownership, and solidarity. We Effect supports housing cooperatives and second-level organizations as well as regional networks. Our support includes funding, technical advice and training for organizational development and advocacy.
As the Housing and Habitat Coordinator you have the responsibility to lead the work for the right to housing in the region. You give advice, accompany and strengthen capacities at all levels, with a transformative gender approach. Climate justice and social economy is increasingly important. You will also participate actively in the Regional Programme Team, which is responsible for the strategic program management in the region.
1. Ensure coherence and strategic quality
2. Advise and strengthen capacities at the country level and in partner organizations.
3. Participate and lead in processes of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEA). Ensure quality inputs in the preparation of regional reports for donors or for communication campaigns.
4. Coordinate initiatives / projects of regional and / or multi-country scope (two countries or more)
5. Ensure strategic alliances
6. Actively participate in the mobilization of resources, providing technical quality in the project formulation processes.
7. Actively participate in processes at the global level of We Effect.
Reports to: the Regional Programs Director
Coordinates with: Management Team, GPS, and Country Representatives
As Coordinator you are professional, independent, and mature in your profession.
As a person you are a good team player, positive and curious. You enjoy new challenges and working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment. You take initiatives and like to lead other to achieve common goals. You are interested in current affairs and share We Effect’s vision of a sustainable and just world free from poverty. You are a firm believer in equal rights and are committed to change the conditions and realities of women living in poverty and exclusion.
Required skills and knowledge:
We are looking for a person with documented experience in the right to housing and habitat. It is important that you understand the international development cooperation work to strengthen civil society organisations and that you are up to date on the processes and tools used in project management. The job requires strong self-discipline and good sense of structuring, as well as very good planning skills. It is also important to us that you inspire and support others to develop their skills.
Preferably, the position will be located in El Salvador and other We Effect offices in Latin America (Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia or Bolivia).
Other requirements are:
· · Education: University Degree in a relevant area as engineering, economy, social sciences.
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience in similar organizations and areas.
· Experience from working with innovation, development and implementation of planning, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
· Experience of successful resource mobilisation
· Experience from and passion for working with women´s rights and gender justice
· Experience in leading processes and managing projects
· Experience from working with digital project management systems
· Strong verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish
· Knowledge of any of the thematic areas of sustainable rural development, environment and climate justice, resilience, land rights, the right to food, economic justice, rights-based approachand , adequate housing, peace and security
· Experience from the cooperativist movement
· Experience from working with change management
· Experience from working with risk management
· Experience of working with programme budgeting and follow-up in general, and gender markers or gender responsive budgeting in particular
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to Impact Pool no later than June 11th, 2021 Your application documents need to be in English.
Applications that do not include the required application documents will not be considered. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The employment is a fixed-term contract (2year). The position is open to both national and any other country from Latin America applicants, specially persons located in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Colombia or Bolivia. Any communication you can do it email@example.com
We Effect strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome all applicants.