The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Communications Specialist.
The position will be based at Delhi.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Development and management of BISA website and its contents.
- Revise and update the social media strategy and the blog to ensure that content is linked to the goals and vision of BISA, including content creation, synergies with other BISA and CIMMYT programs, promotion outreach, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Engaging with partners and organizations to promote BISA.
- Coordinate content creation, calendaring, and distribution (website, social media, blogs, newsletter, flyers, and other internal/external outlets).
- Manage all aspects of social media and the blog, including but not limited to editing, content, promotion, and outreach.
- Overseeing the blogs and strengthening their usability, look and feel based on feedback.
- Engaging with researchers and other ‘thinkers’ to develop content and ideas for the blog.
- Establishing and managing a network of writers to contribute to the blog.
- Contribute content to BISA/CIMMYT internal and external communications platforms, in coordination with researchers and communications teams of BISA/CIMMYT.
- Lead new approaches to create and distribute multimedia content.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading online and print content.
- Review all aspects of BISA visibility through analysis of social media handles, website and publications viewership/readership and taking corrective steps to increase it.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- University degree in English/Journalism/Communications or a related field, minimum of five years’ experience in communications including writing on scientific and development issues.
- Skill and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- An excellent understanding of science communication. Alternatively, a degree in Agriculture/Science, development or a related field, with formal training in journalism, communications or marketing or significant equivalent work experience; and
- At least 3-5 years of experience in research communication, social media or environment related fields.
- Should possess abilities like Teamwork, Communication, Creative Thinking and Client Orientation.
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, June 7, 2021 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN21121 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.