Partnerships and Governance Officers (2 Positions)
The Department of External Relations and Partnerships is responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of IDLO’s external relations agenda, communications, and partnerships building through strategies and activities to promote, protect and enhance IDLO’s mission and brand.
The Department actively promotes and advocates for IDLO’s strategic priorities with governments, parliamentarians, the United Nations system, other intergovernmental organizations, civil society, the private sector, philanthropic organizations, academia, youth, and other potential partners at national, regional, and international levels. It collaborates with all entities within IDLO to promote the Organisation’s policy advocacy priorities and to ensure that communications, partnership engagements, resource mobilization, and other outreach activities are coherent and integrated into IDLO’s activities around the world. It builds and maintains innovative and productive partnerships, ensures best practices in communication and resource mobilization, and supports the governance mechanisms of the Organization.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Partnerships and Governance and working in close collaboration with the other teams in the department, the Partnerships and Governance Officer will have the following main responsibilities.
Partnerships and Outreach
- Assist with the development and implementation of an institutional Partnerships Strategy in line with IDLO’s Strategic Plan and Management Plan.
- Develop, engage with, and strengthen relationships with a wide range of partners globally, including governments, international and regional organizations, parliamentarians, civil society, academia, bar associations, judiciaries, private sector, alumni, etc.
- Provide support to offices throughout the organization to assist them to effectively mobilize partnerships in different locations.
- Support the organization of events to raise IDLO’s profile and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of developments in relevant areas of rule of law, access to justice, legal protection, etc that may affect IDLOs work.
- Represent IDLO at international meetings at appropriate levels, to advance the partnership's strategy and build support for IDLO activities.
- Support relations with Rome-based Agencies with a view to developing and enhancing new program and policy partnerships.
Governance and Membership Engagement
- Support the planning, organization, and convening of IDLO’s governing body meetings, and contribute to high quality and timely reports, inputs, and other documentation for the various governing body meetings.
- Support the development and continued revision of a membership strategy for IDLO.
- Support organization-wide activities to strengthen relationships with governments and mobilize political support to advance IDLO’s goals and objectives.
- Provide support to member parties in relation to governing body meetings and other activities of the organization.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- A Masters’ degree or above preferably in law, development studies, international affairs, political science, or other relevant areas is required. An advanced university degree in the disciplines listed above is highly preferable.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of substantial experience working in a partnership, political affairs, or a related position, in an international/multi-lateral organization or in government, is required.
- Proven understanding of government and corporate strategies and priorities and experience in developing multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Knowledge and experience of the realities of development issues, law and development, donor institutions, and the non-governmental sector.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships with major IDLO partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent spoken and written English is required. Additional language/s would be highly desirable.
Specific knowledge, skills, and behavioral competencies
- Good knowledge of trends in international development and rule of law sectors and familiarity with key multilateral governmental, non-governmental and private sector actors working in areas related to IDLO’s mandate.
- Strong diplomatic skills with proven ability to build and manage effective partnerships with diverse stakeholders in complex multi-cultural environments.
- Established networks with relevant partners, e.g. civil society, justice sector, private sector, etc.
- Experience in using technology and digital tools for data collection and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop and maintain effective relationships, strong cross-cultural skills, and versatility in dealing with different types of partnerships.
- Strong skills working in diverse/multicultural teams and across numerous types of organizations.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced, often rapidly changing environment.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO's values and mandate.
- Able and willing to travel to field operations, including in post-conflict countries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this internationally professional recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an international Affiliate Contract of 24 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 58,000 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, and leave entitlements in accordance with the IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
CLOSING DATE: 19 June 2021