Mental Health & Psychosocial program manager (M/F) - Palestinian territories
Nablus (Palestinian Territory)
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP) and Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming.
In MHPSS, MdM intervention in the WB is focused on provision of MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to occupation, local partners capacity building and MHPSS integration at Ministry of Health (MOH) Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the field coordinator, you are in charge of the management and the supervision of MdM MHPSS team and program and ensure a quality implementation of MHPSS projects. You also work under the technical supervision of the medical coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Take part in preparation of MHPSS plans, map and update existing MHPSS programs and service providers
• Conduct MHPSS needs assessments and diagnosis
• Contribute to the drafting of MdM MHPSS strategy and activities’ proposals for donors
• Support the advocacy coordinator in the design and implementation of MHPSS advocacy strategy
• Attend MdM technical/strategic meetings with local partners
• Contribute to the exchange with MdM's MHPSS programs at regional level, and towards the regional strategy
• Capitalize on tools, protocols and guidelines produced on the project
• Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate MHPSS activities
• Develop and/or adapt specific didactic/educational MHPSS materials for capacity building activities
• Improve and follow up a referral system for MHPSS cases
• Organize and/or provide training events related to MHPSS and individual and group technical supervision
• Be in charge of the technical operational coordination between all partners involved in the training
Data collection, reporting, M&E
• Participate in networking with other MHPSS stakeholders
• Systematize the collection and filing of MHPSS data from external sources
• Ensure the qualitative and quantitative data collection and its proper analysis
• Participate actively in the writing of donor’s reports
• Provide monthly report of activities
• Be in charge of the daily technical supervision and management of the MHPSS staff in the base
• Conduct annual appraisals
• Participate in the recruitment and briefing of new mental health program staff
• Identify training needs, setting up training or mentoring/coaching programs and following up on implementation
Financial and logistics
• Participate in the annual and projects budget construction, consumptions and projects procurement plan
• Forecast the monthly financial and logistics needs
• Provide the project activities weekly plan and movement to the logistics department
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 845 euros
Based in Nablus city in the West Bank with regular visits to Jerusalem and ad hock visits to Gaza
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Advanced degree in clinical psychology, or in any other relevant field
At least 3 years of experience in training and supervising social workers and psychologists
At least 2 years of experience of counselling/psychological support/psychotherapy in MHPSS situations with people affected by conflicts
Experience related to psychosocial/psychological assessment
Experience in MH gap and low intensity therapy approaches
Previous work experience with international organizations
Strong communication and facilitation skills
Technical supervision skills
Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Data collection and analysis skills
Proposal writing and donors reporting skills
Language: English mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JdDOhdtJ?idpartenaire=128