HR Operations Officer - International
Job Title: HR Operations Officer - International
Location: Ireland, Dublin
Contract Duration: 12 months
Reports to: HR Business Partner
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
The HR Operations Officer (International) is expected to deliver a high-quality HR service to all key stakeholders. This role is responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient experience for all stakeholders engaging with HR Department focused on quality customer service. This role will be a first point of contact for employees and managers for all HR queries ensuring a timely, quality resolution of all queries raised. The post holder is expected to work collaboratively across the team and with external stakeholders to deliver a consistent experience from all stakeholders engaging with the HR Department.
Duties and responsibilities
HR Queries / Customer Service
- To respond to all queries in a timely manner providing accurate information in response to requests from key stakeholders and managers.
- To ensure accurate records are in place in relation to queries through the implementation of a HR Helpdesk system and to transfer inquiries to other parties within the HR team and outside of HR as appropriate.
- To use the information from the HR Helpdesk to analyse queries and create solutions to frequent questions.
Onboarding & Off-Boarding
- To ensure all new joiners are onboarded in a consistent approach to ensure a positive experience for all new employees.
- To offboard all employees and ensure exit clearance process, exit interviews are scheduled and all relevant equipment is returned to GOAL.
- To support onboarding and induction schedules of senior management members upon request of CEO.
- To schedule and deliver Workplace Policy Integrity Training for all new employees.
- To ensure all new joiners receive Safeguarding Training in collaboration with the Global Safeguarding Advisor.
- To ensure all HR processes including contract management, probation management and performance management are tracked and managed in a timely manner.
- To review on all existing HR processes for Head Office and International employees with a view to creating alignment across the organisation to enable a consistent approach to the employee life cycle experience.
- To identify process improvement opportunities and propose solutions to maximise HR department efficiencies.
HR Data and Reporting
- To ensure all HR data is recorded in the relevant tracking sheets and HR Database and HRIS Systems and to agree and generate HR reporting requirements on a required basis as agreed with HR Business Partner.
- To ensure effective data management of all employee records in HRIS and HR Sharepoint.
- To ensure GDPR Policies are implemented in processes and managed in line with legislation.
Payroll & Benefits
- To ensure payroll is processed accurately on a monthly basis for employees.
- To ensure all employee payroll amendments are recorded and applied in consultation with the HR Business Partners.
- To manage the administration of employee benefits for employees, Retirement Savings Scheme, CIGNA Insurance, Pension, LAYA Healthcare, Bike to Work, Taxsaver scheme and any other relevant benefits.
Procurement & Expenses
- To record and track all contracts with external service providers for HR services ensuring procurement processes are in place for the management and renewal of existing agreements.
- To ensure all external services are procured in line with internal procurement procedures to ensure adequate provision of external services in consultation with relevant members of the HR Team.
- Ensure the calculation of per diems for travel purposes is the correct daily rate as per the Expenses and Per Diems Policy.
- Assist in the posting of vacancies on the GOAL website and various other job boards.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews with candidates and hiring managers as required.
- Send and receive reference checks.
- Ensuring the recruitment system ‘Greenhouse’ is kept up to date by taking jobs offline, closing jobs and contacting applicants.
- Ensure that visitor and staff travel details are passed to the relevant country offices.
- Provide assistance to the receptionist when required with the booking of flights for both International and head off staff.
- Inform HR Business Partners on confirmed travel dates for payroll purposes.
- Provide GOAL letters as requested to ensure staff are facilitated in their travel arrangements.
Highlight the behaviours that will be required to achieve a high performance in the role.
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- At least 3 years' experience working in a HR Team.
- A relevant third level HR or business qualification.
- Ability to interpret and communicate HR policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritise deadlines and manage competing priorities from multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and numeric ability.
- The ability to work collaboratively with team members and relevant stakeholders to ensure excellent standards of customer care.
- Solution focused in approach with an ability to solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience of HR Information Systems.
- Strong commitment to upholding and demonstrating GOAL’s Values through professional interactions with all stakeholders.
- CIPD member/associate.
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Please apply directly here