The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is an international organization headquartered in Gurgaon, National Capital Region of India. The vision and mission of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community, including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and other stakeholders, can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing the use of solar energy in meeting energy needs of the ISA Member Countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner.
The IT Assistant will report to the IT Specialist and will assist in managing technology services that meet operational requirements in the ISA. S/he will provide technical and support assistance on a variety of activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Technical Assistance:
- Support in maintenance of hardware, software, networks, cyber security, software licenses, mailbox license, data recovery and data backup.
- Support in administration and configuration of Microsoft Office365 for staff including other apps of Office365 such as SharePoint, lists, libraries, Groups, and an enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure.
- Support in training and educating end-users on Office365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Teams, OneNote, Outlook etc.).
- Support preparation and implementation of Internet backup recovery plan.
- New user setup and orientation including creating, installing and configuring mailbox, workstations, software, network printing, etc.
- Troubleshoot various Office 365 issues including connectivity and mobility.
2. Application Management:
- Support activities relating to ERP implementation.
- Support in monitoring Data Migration across applications and ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Support in organizing virtual events of ISA. Arrange video conferencing as per the requirement of ISA Secretariat. Assist in conducting Webinars.
- Support in doing live streaming of various events of ISA on Social Media.
- Maintain a structured Database.
3. Web Assistance:
- Ensure website functionality and perform software updates.
- Support in monitoring, assessing, and reporting on website performance.
- Make adjustments to the CMS and design of the website, as required.
4. Security Maintenance:
- Maintain a safe and secure IT work environment.
- Maintain and provide support for all IT infrastructure.
5. Record Keeping:
- Maintain the IT assets/inventory.
- Review vendor contracts/proposals and coordinate IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with Staff needs.
6. Other support functions:
- Support in evaluation of IT proposals received from vendors.
- Support in maintaining organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by making recommendations for defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Provide end-user support for all PC based hardware, applications and services
Perform any other duties as assigned in area of work.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors’ language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan and organize assignments. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Uses time efficiently. Demonstrates high degree of autonomy in the discharge of assignments.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in Information Technology or in Computer Applications, or Business Administration in Information Technology is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in working with Office automation Tools (such as Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is desirable.
- Relevant experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (such as SAP) is desirable.
- Experience in Google Computing Platform (GCP), consisting of Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and other popular software available on GCP will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN standards for configuration, security, connectivity and capacity.
- Knowledge of managing and administering enterprise level Zoom/Teams deployment.
- The role demands substantial writing and verbal communications skills. As English is the official and working language of the Organization, excellent command of both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of other languages (i.e., French, Spanish and Arabic) would be an advantage.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above-mentioned vacancy on-line, through ISA’s portal. Any applicants who have difficulties applying through the online portal should immediately contact the ISA secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISA is striving to achieve gender parity at all levels as it proceeds with the recruitment of both locally and internationally recruited staff. In this regard, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions within the organization.
The ISA maintains a retirement age of 65 years.
Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for an interview and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
The ISA retains the right to cancel the selection process if it is determined in the best interest of the Organization.
The ISA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names, and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In addition to the salary, the ISA will provide the following allowances to the selected candidate:
a. Dependency allowances (for eligible spouse and up to 3 children)
b. Annual and sick leave (Annual leave accredited at 2.5 days per month)
c. Health insurance premium contribution as per ISA rules
d. Pension contributions (ISA will contribute a lump sum payment equivalent to UN common system rates (15.8% of net salary).
e. Income tax reimbursement (the ISA provides for national income tax reimbursement upon proof of payment