Grants & Partnership Officer
El Salvador (Philippines)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of work:
Based in El Salvador, the Grants and Partnerships Officer (GPO) will provide support for the grants unit for Northern Central America (NCA) country programs. Reporting to the Grants & Business Development Manager, the GPO will work closely with programs, finance, and administration to coordinate IRC´s ongoing partnerships, grant monitoring and reporting.
- Review and edit narrative and financial reports, consulting with and ensuring input from relevant staff, and coordinate their review with the relevant IRC HQ office
- Support the Grants & BD Manager in ensuring that all IRC grants or contracts are implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations and IRC procedures.
- Update award information on the IRC’s Opportunity Tracking Information System (OTIS) and internal grant trackers are up to date.
- Ensure the timely request for T1 codes when new grants are awarded
- Coordinate Grants Implementation Meetings and support the implementation of Project Cycle Meeting (PCM) processes
- Support Programs and Operations teams to ensure the follow-up to action points from these meetings are complete.
- Track and document lessons learned from finalized projects
- Assist in the development of presentation and training materials, as required
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal IRC documentation and grants management tools.
- Act as the IRC NCA focal point and main contact for partnerships, communicating information with the team and escalating questions or concerns as needed
- Support the management of sub-awards in line with the IRC Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results System (PEERS) requirements, including partner identification, partner due diligence and partner’s project capacity review, agreement and budget reviews, coordinating timely OTIS approvals and T7 (finance coding) requests
- In collaboration with the Programs team, track sub-award partners’ deliverables and ensure that partners’ contractual reports are reviewed and feedback is provided
- Process sub-award modifications in a timely manner ensuring that relevant IRC units provide their inputs and approve the modification
- Organize partnership opening, review and closing meetings with partners and IRC teams to ensure that partner projects are implemented according to the work plan and log frame approved by the donor
- Procure signatures on grant and partnership agreements, amendments, and other required documents
- Assist with the organization and note taking of meetings and events
- Assist the Communications team and the region in drafting, revising and updating summary information about the NCA program, and help draft summaries
- Coordinate with the Regional Program Assistant to acquire Delegations of Authority (DOAs) and other documents from Headquarters prior to grant and partnership signatures, as needed
- Coordinate the review and approvals of grant agreements, partnerships, amendments and reports with the region and/or relevant IRC HQ functions, ensuring approvals are tracked on OTIS
- Coordinate grants and partnership information between all teams at IRC NCA including Finance, Programs, and SMT
- Maintain a strong relationship with the regional program support team, ensuring key communication is recorded and socialized within the team
- Liaise with technical units and other HQ support departments, as needed.
- Provide back-up support for the Grants & Business Development Manager, as required
- Support business development and the coordination of proposals, as requested
- Participate in special projects as needed