2247 Project Coordinator - Engineering Specialist (30 positions, part-time)
The Advanced Capacity for Accelerated Delivery Initiative (ACADI) project supports the advanced capacity for accelerated delivery of loan and budget initiatives. As the Government of the Republic of Serbia advances towards the implementation of development agenda, it has established a new Public Investment Management Office (PIMO) to manage the complex cross-sectorial projects. PIMO needs additional capacity to implement projects funded by loans and budget resources. In order to ensure timely and impactful implementation and to indemnify the Republic of Serbia from the potential interest and charges which would appear in case of slow pace of project implementation, there is a need to establish the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
The Output 6 - Implementation of Sports Infrastructure Investment Initiatives, focuses on providing technical assistance in construction of football stadiums in Zaječar, Loznica and Leskovac. The construction process will have to fulfil all requirements prescribed by the “UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulation“ for Category 4 sports facilities.
The purpose of the position is to provide technical support in the domain of engineering within the ACADI project. This position will ensure results oriented, effective, efficient, and accountable implementation of the project activities and achievement of planned results.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager for Sports Infrastructure, the Project Coordinator – Engineering Specialist has the responsibility to design, oversee and quality assure infrastructure related activities. The Project Coordinator – Engineering Specialist should provide technical expertise assuring that infrastructure projects are implemented to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Coordinator – Engineering Specialist will be responsible for daily monitoring as well as supervision of construction of football stadiums in Zaječar, Loznica and Leskovac, respectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor progress and risks in infrastructure projects, ensuring that changes are controlled, and problems addressed;
- Revision of infrastructure project design documentation such as main design, detailed design and as-built design for stadiums;
- Supervision of project design development process, coordination and supervision of construction works;
- Financial and project progress reports preparation according to national guidelines, rules and regulations for PIMO;
- Be responsible for the management of project activities that require engineering interventions;
- Review the quality of the executed work, built-in materials and verify that the quality responds to related regulations and specifications;
- Intervene to resolve problems and/or conflicts and recommend corrections in terms of design, materials or the quality of work and managing these corrections upon the approval by the Project Manager;
- Provide early warning to Project Manager of potential problems and/or critical issues regarding the infrastructure improvement and execution of the works;
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of project annual workplans and progress reports;
- Providing inputs for creation of project monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Ensuring full compliance of activities with established project management rules, regulations, and policies;
- Drafting correspondence on project engineering issues for Project Manager, as required;
- Liaising with contractors, municipalities and other partners on project matters;
- Performing other tasks/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The Project Coordinator – Engineering Specialist will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager for Sports Infrastructure.
Project Implementation Unit (PIU) that will supervise the construction works implementation on football Stadiums in Zajecar, Loznica and Leskovac, and the Project Coordinator - Engineering Specialists in the following specific areas of expertise are required:
- Construction Engineering – including Structural Designs, Hydroengineering and Road and Traffic Engineering (9 positions, 80% part time) – 3 positions in Loznica, 3 positions in Zajecar, 3 positions in Leskovac;
- Electrical Engineering (6 positions, 80 % part time) - 2 positions in Loznica, 2 positions in Zajecar, 2 positions in Leskovac;
- Architecture (3 positions 80% part time) - 1 position in Loznica, 1 position in Zajecar, 1 position in Leskovac;
- Landscape Architecture (1 position, 50% part time) 1 position covering Loznica, Zajecar and Leskovac;
- Mechanical Engineering (3 positions, 80% part time) 1 position in Loznica, 1 position in Zajecar, 1 position in Leskovac;
- Mechanical Engineering, specialty in Transportation Warehousing (1 position 50% part time) 1 position covering Loznica, Zajecar and Leskovac;
- Fire Protection, holder of license A (3 positions, 80% part time) 1 position in Loznica, 1 position in Zajecar, 1 position in Leskovac;
- Geodesy (3 positions 80% part time) 1 position in Loznica, 1 position in Zajecar, 1 position in Leskovac;
- Traffic Engineering (1 position, 50% part time) 1 position covering Loznica, Zajecar and Leskovac.
- Innovation – Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management – Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Delivery – Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the required fields: architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, water management, fire safety engineering, traffic engineering, geodesy, landscape architecture.
- Possession of one or more of the following licenses would be considered an asset: 300/400, 310/410, 314/414, 350/450, 353/453, 330, 372/417, 333/434, 315/415, 370/470, 373/474, “A” fire protection license.
- Construction Engineering – including structural designs, hydroengineering and road and traffic engineering;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Landscape Architecture;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering, specialty in Transportation Warehousing;
- Fire Protection and Safety;
- Traffic Engineering.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills;
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Experience in working with international organizations, actors, donor community, etc.;
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of the project outputs;
- Eager to share knowledge and experience;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced corporate and interpersonal communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Knowledge of Rulebook on Content and Method for Performance of Construction Supervision of the Republic of Serbia;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and working knowledge of English language.
Important applicant information
All posts in the National Personnel Services Agreement (NPSA) categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.