Casework Intern - Richmond, VA
Richmond (South Africa)
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
CONNECTION TO MISSION: The IRC Resettlement and Casework program is robust, securing housing, providing immediate aid, connecting refugees to social services and health screenings.
TYPE OF SERVICE: Direct
TIME COMMITTMENT: 8-20 hours per week
- Assist Caseworker with securing housing and setting up apartments.
- Help clients apply for their Social Security card by completing documentation.
- Assist Caseworker with scheduling Health Department screenings for all newcomers.
- Assist Caseworker with filing and organizing documentation.
- If permitted by school policy, drive and accompany clients to casework-related appointments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Be reliable and on time or early with materials prepared if requested.
- Be flexible. Last-minute changes are expected when working with clients.
- Review the IRC Intern Agreement and conduct yourself accordingly at all times.
- Remember that the IRC in Richmond is a professional office. Business casual attire is appropriate.
- Report your Internship hours each month via the IRC Community Portal.