Supply Chain Officer Readvertisement
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refuguees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Scope of Job Description:
Supply Chain Officer is responsible for all procurement processing, procurement documentation, and procurement reporting at the field office. Reporting to Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Officer-Procurement will be responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC’s office in Gambella Field Office. He/ She must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring standard methodologies and maintaining audit-compliant records.
This position reports to Field Supply Chain Manager and will have the following responsibilities:
- Makes follow up on preparation of procurement planning.
- Checks and ensures accuracy of quarterly procurement plans.
- Ensures the FO procurement is done according to the set procurement plan.
- Documents hard copies of quarterly procurement plans
- Provide support for program staff during procurement plan preparation.
- Perform the procurement of the number of categories of goods and service as per IRC and donors’ rules and regulation.
- Receive purchase requests from SCM, for further processing, and make sure grants and other information are accurately encoded into the procurement system.
- Issue request for quotation to suppliers within the specified agreed procurement lead timetable.
- Collect quotation from suppliers and prepare bid analysis summary within the time specified in the agreed procurement lead time.
- Update BvA system and make timely follow up.
- Submit data to concerned supply chain staff for those suppliers requiring ATC clearance. Make sure these suppliers are clear for ATC before purchase order is issued or enter into contractual agreement.
- Make sure that purchase order is issued, or contractual agreement is made with selected suppliers; and payment is requested to finance within the time frame specified in the agreed procurement lead timetable / procurement guideline.
- Ensure the direct delivery of goods or services to warehouse within the time frame specified in the procurement lead time.
- Accurately file your respective closed PR as per IRC filling protocol. Make sure closed PR documents are filed based on each grant.
- Settle all check received from finance within the time frame specified in the financial manual or as per service level agreement between supply chain and Finance.
- Give special attention for quality material delivery.
- Advise to immediate supervisor those purchase requests under process, and to be reported in the monthly dedication, and those to be reported in the cash projection.
- Perform market assessment for items found at Gambella market.
- Ensure technical inspection for items purchased from concerned body.
- Ensures proper documentation of all procurement documents.
- Maintains completed PRs’ files per grant and their sequence.
- Ensures safety of Procurement files and contract documents.
- Staff management
- Ensures that all staff under his/her supervision has set performance objective.
- Ensures that performance evaluation for staff under supervision has been done timely.
- Identify and present PRs requiring supply chain support and pending for acceptance.
- Prepares cash projection on monthly basis.
- Read BVA report and provide technical input for SCM.
Perform other supply chain related assignments.
- Accomplishes other duties as assigned by the Supply chain manager.
- Cooperates with other supply chain staff related to field supply chain activities.
- Receive delegation from other supply chain staffs while staffs take annual leave.