Grants Coordinator (Head of Department) - Beirut
Based in Beirut with occasional travel to the Field Offices in Zahle, Qobayat and Tripoli, the Grants Coordinator is responsible for the grants unit in IRC Lebanon. Reporting to the Senior Program Coordinator, this position will work closely with sector heads, finance and operations on proposal writing, reporting, donor compliance, and other portfolio management tasks.
New Business Development:
- Support opportunity identification. Perform monitoring, research and analysis into donor strategies and share with program staff.
- Maintain an efficient system for proposal development - with clear responsibilities outlined for management, programs, finance and operations departments - that yields timely, high quality submissions.
- In collaboration with program leads, be the lead writer/coordinator/editor for all concept notes and proposals and ensure quality and timely submissions
- Provide expertise in the development of budgets and ensure communication between all departments (finance, programs, and operations) in drafting of budgets and donor compliance.
- Assist CD, Deputy Director of programs in donor liaison and communication as requested and maintain donor engagement tracking tools.
- Act as focal point for the proposals, programs and projects in use of the IRC’s OTIS (Opportunity Tracking Information System) database;
- Ensure that all proposals comply with the IRC’s Outcomes and Evidence Framework, IRC’s proposal development processes and donor requirements Work closely with Partnership Unit to ensure partnership approaches are articulated effectively and partners design inputs included in the proposals.
Grants Administration and Reporting:
- Ensure that all IRC grants or contracts in Lebanon are well-administered (including maintenance of comprehensive grant files) and implemented in compliance with the relevant donor regulations and IRC procedures.
- In coordination with Deputy Director of Programs and program leads, act as donor focal point for awards managed in country, ensuring representation of the country program, prompt communication and program knowledge
- Oversee all internal and external reporting in collaboration with the programs and finance departments, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and IRC requirements.
- Act as focal point for communications with HQ grants administration and compliance functions in New York, Germany and London.
- Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal IRC documentation and Grant Unit tools.
- Build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating trainings, and providing one-on-one follow up support in report writing, proposal development, budget management, IRC-specific tools, and other topics as/if needed.
- Work closely with the partnership unit to ensure adequate and proactive coordination on partnership related issues with regard to donor reporting and compliance.
- Play a leadership role in the design and running of monthly grant monitoring meetings to ensure that grants are implemented in compliance with the IRC and relevant donor regulations, to ensure strong financial management, to ensure the proper operational openings and closings of grants, and to ensure monitoring and evaluation of programmatic progress. Support the follow-up to action points from these meetings.
- Support the Senior Program Support Coordinator in the roll out of the IRC’s Project Cycle Meeting tools.
- Develop and maintain resources for budget holders with relevant compliance and contractual award information
- Work closely with MEAL Coordinator maintain program monitoring and evaluation tracking tools to ensure all sector indicators report monthly progress. Identify and share gaps with sector Coordinators.
- As needed, assist field staff in monitoring implementation of activities under grants and contracts.
- Engage in the rollout and institutionalization of relevant IRC initiatives such as the Outcomes and Evidence Framework
- Assist program teams, Advocacy Advisor, and regional communications staff in ensuring appropriate and effective donor visibility at IRC Lebanon program sites.
- Act as focal point for Finance budgeting and accounting teams for monthly reporting and audit preparation
- Assist senior management in the organization of site visits by donors and senior IRC staff visiting from HQ.
- Any special projects as assigned by the DDP and country director.
Staff Management and Development
- Direct supervision of the Grants Managers and Grants Officer. Manage and build the capacity of staff to ensure a responsive and well organized Grants department.
- Manage salary allocations of Grants Managers
- Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans.
- Provide leadership support for the successful implementation of and adherence to the IRC Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures
- Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Programs Support Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Two Grants Managers, one Grants Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: IRC Lebanon Finance Department, IRC Lebanon HR Lead, HQ and Regional grants/compliance teams, Program Coordinators, Regional Partnership Director and LB Partnership unit
- External: In-country donor counterparts, especially among UN agencies