Public Health Promotion Supervisor
Zahle (Lebanon) | Lebanon
Supervise, at technical level, the work done by the hygiene promotion team in order to ensure the pertinence and quality of the activities performed. Train, coach and mentor the hygiene promotion team. Develop hygiene promotion and social mobilization campaigns and methodologies. Represent Action Against Hunger in hygiene promotion coordination meetings and technical working groups.
Objective 1: Supervise at technical level the Public Health Promotion (PHP) and Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) activities done by the PHP team. (40 %)
- Prepare, assign and follow up the weekly tasks to the PHP team according to the project workplan and specific objectives to achieve.
- Supervise at technical level the work done by the PHP team in order to ensure the quality and pertinence of the activities performed.
- Regular visit to the site to ensure quality of PHP awareness and campaigns.
- Selection and training of community mobilizer and focal points along with the PHP field officer
- Train, coach and mentor the hygiene promotion field officers.
- Plan and organize any activities in the filed with the field officers
Objective 2 : Develop Public Health Promotion and social mobilization tools, methodologies and strategies. (30 %)
- Develop hygiene promotion and social mobilization tools, methodologies and strategies adapted to the situation in each the ITS and collective shelters in the geographical area of intervention of Action against Hunger.
- Propose and develop assessments, KAP surveys, barriers and motivators analysis and other data collection and analysis tools to inform the implementation of activities, in collaboration with the PHP HoP
- Propose and develop innovative ideas and participate in the implementation of public health promotion campaigns.
Objective 3 : Reporting (20%)
- Report about the quality and pertinence of the PHP activities to the PHP HoP and WaSH PM.
- Report potential problems or conflicts during the implementation of the activities.
- Proactively document and share challenges, lessons learnt and recommendations for activities with the PHP HoP
- Plan and collect systematically the means of verification for the project (attendance sheets, distribution list of beneficiaries, etc.);
- Prepare payments for CM and FP and have them validated by PHP HoP
- Regular oral reporting to the PHP HoP and WaSH PM.
Objective 4: Others (10%)
- Support public health promotion, RCCE or other WASH activities (KAP surveys, WaSH items and voucher distribution and follow up, hygiene promotion campaigns, etc.).
- Closely coordination with WatSan supervisor for implementation of different activities
- Coordination with different departments for implementation of some activities
- Respect of Action Against Hunger charter and internal rules and regulations.
- Be committed to participate to any other activities in order to achieve the project goals.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be changed or amended by the Head of Project when necessary, depending on the program needs.
Objective 5: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 6 : Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
Degree and/or Master Degree – desirable but not compulsory in education, public health, community development, international development, human rights or humanitarian project management
Technical specific knowledge:
Team leader, result oriented and professional humanitarian worker. We are looking for a problem solver with a flexible mind-set, the ability to manage a team to implement PHP activities:
- Technical knowledge in implementing soft component within WASH interventions.
- Technical knowledge in behavior change methodologies is an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, strong staff management and leadership skills.
- Proactivity and ability to work autonomously.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Very good reporting skills.
At least 2 years of experience in Public Health Promotion field. Experience in hygiene/health promotion and social mobilization. Experience supervising teams and team management.
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
At least 2 years working with NGOs
Action Against the Hunger knowledge:
Agreement with the principles, charter and objectives of Action Against Hunger.
Fluent in Arabic and very good English level (written and spoken)
IT and specific systems:
Computer skills (Microsoft Office), compulsory expertise in Excel
Mobility (national/ international)
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.