Salt Lake City (United States of America)
Job Overview: The Housing Specialist secures and coordinates the furnishing of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees and provides related logistical support. This position reports to the IRC SLC’s Logistics Coordinator and is part of the resettlement team that provides Reception and Placement (R&P) services for new arrivals. The Housing Specialist will work closely with the team and other community partners to Identify and secure safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees in compliance with established program requirements.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to current and potential landlords and property managers, building strong working relationships with the goal of increasing access to housing for refugee families and to coordinate client home repair requests as needed.Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations to support a positive resettlement experience.
- Coordinate logistics of housing set-ups including delivery arrangement of furniture and supplies, facilitating lease signings and renewals, arranging payments, and conducting home safety inspections.
- Implement a high-quality procurement protocol including researching potential new vendors, following appropriate financial and purchasing procedures, and maintaining required documentation.
- Prepare supply list and supplies for all new arrivals and coordinate logistics to deliver them.
- Deliver orientations to clients; may support other pre- and post-arrival activities such as airport pick-ups.
- Satisfy recordkeeping requirements.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of support staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Other duties as assigned.