RFP - Value Chain Study to identify scope for Decentralized Renewable Ener...
Assam (India) | meghalaya | manipur | nagaland
Value Chain Study to identify scope for Decentralized Renewable Energy (DRE) solution for Spice value chain in North East Region
Application Process: On Rolling Basis
Goal - To study the end to end spice value chain focusing on cardamom, turmeric, ginger, pepper and king chilly, Explore and suggest scope for DRE interventions in every node of the value chain, geographies and typologies of end-users.
Proposed regions for the study - Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur and Nagaland.
Scope of Work
- To conduct on-field and off-field studies and document the entire value chain of spice focusing on turmeric, ginger, pepper, cardamom and king chilly, for the identified geographies. Number of people involved in it, trend analysis and future projections.
- To study, explore and recommend i) existing technologies used in each node (farming, pre-harvest, post-harvest, processing and marketing) of the value chain, its scope for improvement, ii) scope for bringing in improved technologies into the value chain iii) to explore where new technological innovations are required.
- To study, explore and recommend possibilities for DRE interventions in each of the nodes of the value chains of the identified spices as mentioned above.
- To figure out the active NGOs/SHGs/FPOs/FPCs in the targeted areas of the respective States for potential partnership.
A comprehensive Report separately mentioning the Turmeric, Ginger, Pepper, cardamom and King Chilly end to end value chain incorporating field based observations for specific DRE interventions, the actual geographies and also the typologies of the end users. The Report should also highlight the possibilities of partnership with NGOs, Government bodies and other partners in the targeted areas.
Required Expertise and Qualification
- An Individual consultant / Agency with the following expertise and qualification
- Extensive expertise, knowledge,and experience in the field of development, Agri,renewable energy.
- Experience in similar programmes, formulation,research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in english
Management arrangements for the study
- Overall study process will be monitored by the Knowledge (NE) team at SELCO foundation who will provide overall guidance and direction for the review process.
- Progress call - every 10 days
- Total duration is a maximum of 100 professional days.
- At the end of 50 days, there will be a review of progress / feedback on the process / findings to complete the study.
- First draft report to be submitted 10 days before the end of the final timeline.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY BY PRESENTING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- Personal CV or Organization record
- Financial proposal that indicates the inclusive fixed total contract price,supported by a breakdown of costs.
- Brief description of plan, with examples of similar study conducted
Interested consultants/ organizations are requested to send in their detailed proposal with financial quotation,(mandatory) supporting documents mentioned above and a brief notte(maximum 2 pages) on their understanding of this assignment,their fit for the same and how they intend to approach the assignment. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org