Analyst, COVID-19 Response and IDSP
Analyst, COVID-19 Response and IDSP
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The world has not experienced a pandemic at the scale or pace of the current COVID-19 pandemic; the virus has ferociously attacked high- and low-income countries alike, but in so doing has exposed inequities in access to quality care within and across countries. Despite a proactive mitigation and stringent suppression strategy, COVID continues to be impact and disrupt lives. While the indirect impacts of the COVID-19 on availability and utilization of routine health services cannot yet be known, lessons from previous crises suggest that service disruption and displacement will have grave impact on population health. In order to address these challenges, a robust response based on strengthened health workforce, resilient supply chains and rapid increase in diagnostic capacity is being spearheaded by the Ministry of Health and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J. Clinton Foundation's (WJCF), supports the ICMR/ MoHFW and focus states in COVID-19 testing, treatment access, and program management. On testing and diagnostics, the program supports government partners on testing policy, strengthened data and delivery systems, and development of guidelines. The program has been supporting ICMR in the development of the strategic plan for scaling up testing, providing data-driven insights to support supply chain management including forecasting and inventory management, and helping build guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for downstream distribution of commodities. Separately, the program also supports selected states on localized strategies for testing scale up and equitable access, stronger engagement with the private sector, improved treatment readiness, robust awareness campaigns and capacity building initiatives, and analytics-based program management. In Madhya Pradesh (MP), the program also provides critical support to the Integrated Disease Surveillance Program (IDSP) for COVID-19 surveillance management and response building and implementation. CHAI, in partnership with WJCF, also supports focus states on the planning and roll out of the COVID-19 vaccination and improving access to oxygen through other programs.
We seek a highly motivated individual with excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills for the role of Analyst, COVID-19 and IDSP. The Analyst will report to the Engagement Lead, COVID-19, MP and will be expected to develop and manage strong relationships with the State IDSP and Government of Madhya Pradesh (GoMP) to support program implementation initiatives. The role will require the Analyst to help design, monitor and drive surveillance strategies for early detection and response in line with the dynamic nature of the pandemic. The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, excellent communication, and written skills, be self-directed, be able to adapt to the differing needs of the program and have a strong commitment to excellence.
A strong profile will include outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly with a strong commitment to excellence. We place great value on qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Support IDSP in all aspects of strategy, planning and implementation of initiatives for surveillance activities.
- Support the department in development, implementation, and management of COVID-19 management strategies and optimal use of its existing networks, both within and outside the state, for close monitoring of the pandemic trajectory.
- Routinely monitor, compile, synthesize, and analyse data to ensure optimal targeting, implementation, and effectiveness of program interventions.
- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the IDSP department, the extensive network of labs, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and/or participate in working group(s) to support evidence generation for implementation of initiatives.
- Support the department in streamlining their MIS systems through the improvement of data collection and coordination at the district level via healthcare workers, Medical Officers and Identified Labs and in subsequent analysis at the state level.
- Build database with the goal of better collation, management, and analysis of the available information and work towards integrating/reconciling it with parallel databases that can facilitate improved surveillance.
- Support IDSP in development and enhancement of training modules for human resource development especially at the decentralized level.
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.
- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with CHAI's technical teams and Program Manager(s) to develop and implement a coordinated program of support.
- Support the Program Manager in designing strategies for effectively leveraging private sector data and experience for enhanced monitoring and tracking.
- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by program leadership.
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, public health or allied areas with 2-4 years’ work experience.
- Experience working in public health organization or management consulting, development sector or similar fast-paced, output-oriented environments or pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry.
- Exceptional analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and Tableau or Power BI.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and stakeholder management capabilities. Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, manage multiple priorities, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially clinical, scientific, and technical manufacturing information.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the state.
#region2 #jobreference1 #covidroles