Ethiopia Systems Lead
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Systems Lead will be an part of our leadership team in one of One Acre Fund's fastest growing country programs. The Ethiopia program is poised to serve over 100,000 farmers in 2021, grow 10 million trees and launch a renewed seed multiplication program. In 2025, we plan to serve over one million farmers in Ethiopia.
We are looking for someone to build the systems efficiencies needed to achieve our scale targets. You will report directly to the Ethiopia Country Director or Deputy Country Director and will manage procurement, logistics, print, IT, field technology and data operations through a team of 5-10 staff.
- Improve operations and give support our programs. In the next five years, we hope to work with more than 500,000 farmers across 1000 communities. You will oversee the expansion of our operations systems to support this growth, improve processes to make sure we provide the best quality inputs to our clients and build internal controls and data tracking processes to help us manage our expanding operations.
- Find tech solutions to help us reach scale. As the technology environment in Ethiopia evolves, we are open to new solutions that help us reach more farmers, train our staff better and solve broad agroforestry and agricultural system challenges. You'll lead exploration, recommendation and implementation of new solutions.
- Lead Ethiopia's Systems Department. You'll manage a modest budget and a team of 5-10 people. You'll establish SOPs and goals within the department, then guide your team to success. You'll represent your department on Ethiopia's leadership committee and participate in cross-departmental projects.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience Operations (procurement, logistics, etc.) and new technology roll-out experience
- People management experience
- Project management and interdepartmental coordination experience
- A Bachelor's degree
- Fluent English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia with up to 50% in Addis Ababa after the first six months
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Ethiopia.
14 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Once a month, you'll receive a roundup of our latest news and job opportunities.
Help us personalize your experience by telling us a little about yourself.