||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
The Legal Counsel, will support the Client Services Director & General Counsel in ensuring the compliance of the company in all jurisdictions of operation, managing and negotiating contracts and managing of legal risk.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Identify, research, understand and respond to applicable regulations and laws across all jurisdictions of operation (including but not limited to employment laws, company laws, data protection laws and tax laws) (working with local legal counsel where required and budget permits).
- Managing set ups of legal entities in new jurisdictions ensuring establishment is compliant with local labour and tax laws and is efficiently structured within the group structure.
- Managing the compliance of existing legal entities’ annual licensing, local audit and reporting requirements (working with Finance Team on tax requirements).
- Conducting due diligence on partners, subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
- Draft, negotiate and finalise legal documents (including but not limited to NDAs, Teaming Agreements, Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Employment Contracts, MoUs, etc.)
- Co-ordinate, administer and manage the process around initiating and closing contracts with sub-contractors, partners etc.
- Support on client contract negotiation, closure, management and extension.
- Advise and assist on contractual matters including commercial agreements, employment agreements, contract service agreements etc.
- Advise and manage on legal issues stemming from operations (liaising with local legal counsel and experts where necessary and within budget).
- Manage matters relating to CTG’s intellectual property.
- Ensure awareness of data protection requirements and advise on appropriate systems.
- Ensure effective document management and tracking systems.
- Maintaining and tracking laws and regulations, contract documentation, amendments and various compliance measures.
- Reviewing RFP and bid documentation for legal risk factors.
- Supporting with management of legal cases.
This role reports to the Client Services Director & General Counsel but will be actively in comms with relevant stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in Law or legal studies (preferably with a module in employment law)
• Qualified solicitor (or equivalent)
• 3-5 years of demonstrable relevant experience.
• Experience working in the HR and/or humanitarian sector is preferable
• Experience with large contracts (both with private and public sectors) and supply chains, is an advantage.
• Experience in dealing with multiple jurisdictions, especially conflict-affected states, is an advantage.
• Fluency in English is essential. Arabic and French language skills are favourable
The successful candidate will:
• Be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Be comfortable handling large work load, working under time pressure, managing multiple issues at once
• Have strong organisational skills – ability to follow up on issues and prioritise
• Possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Have superior research skills
• Demonstrate a high level of discretion with confidential matters
• Have experience with online document management systems
• Have business proficiency in computer systems and MS Office applications
This role does not have team management responsibilities.
Candidates applying for this opportunity must be eligible to work in the United Arab Emirates & must be currently in the U.A.E.