2266 Intern - National Academy for Public Administration, Training Curriculum Development Department (2 positions)
To support the work of the National Academy for Public Administration (NAPA), Training Curriculum Development Department.
To contribute to result-oriented, effective and efficient implementation of activities of the National Academy for Public Administration.
The project “Civil Service Training for the 21st Century in the Republic of Serbia” is supporting development of an effective and professional civil service by enhancing the capacities and skills of future management staff and other civil servants in public institutions and organizing their continuous training, since this is a critical condition for overall modernization of public administration, as well as implementing administrative, economic and social reforms.
The Project aims to build on the previous achievements which were recognized both in Serbia and internationally, and provide effective support to the National Academy for Public Administration (NAPA) in (1) further building and strengthening its internal capacity at staff/trainer and institution level, (2) designing new, innovative and competitive training programs and redesigning of existing ones in line with needs of the public sector and the latest global trends of public administration for aligning to the 4th industrial revolution, (3) introducing modern e-learning platforms using effective electronic multimedia educational technologies and (4) supporting NAPA’s international cooperation activities, educational research, as well as outreach activities in order to promote and ensure greater visibility of NAPA’s mission and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
UNDP will engage two Interns to support the activities of the National Academy for Public Administration. The Interns will work closely with the national partner- NAPA and they will be supervised by the UNDP Project Manager. The Interns shall perform the following tasks:
- Provide support to content experts (trainers) regarding the research and analysis of interactive digital educational material for e-courses;
- Provide inputs for the development of educational material;
- Participate in the development of learning mobile applications;
- Upload of new and update of the existing trainings on Learning Management System;
- Drafting creative digital solutions;
- Evaluation of e-learning material and support in the organization of events, assist with their preparation, ensure invitations sending, logistical organisation, etc.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of NAPA’s working unit, as required.
- Analytical, writing, editing and verbal skills for communicating with broad and diverse stakeholders in Serbian and English;
- Ability to identify and use in a creative way content that has good potential for sharing and community engagement;
- Demonstrates strong data manipulation and computer skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks, with tight deadlines;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in one of the following fields: software engineering, IT, marketing, andragogy and other related academic fields.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in: software engineering, IT, marketing, andragogy and other related academic fields.
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program (as defined in (a) and (b) above).
Field of study: software engineering, IT, marketing and andragogy.
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English and Serbian.
The shortlisted applicants will be required to submit the following documentation:
- Copy of his/her most recent resume or curriculum vitae.
- Letter from his/her university confirming current enrolment and graduation date, or copy of diploma if already graduated.
- Copy of his/her school transcript.
- Endorsement letter or letter of reference from a faculty member, if requested.
- A signed UNDP Internship Agreement;
- Medical Certificate of Good Health;
- Proof of medical insurance valid for Serbia throughout the duration of the Internship.
Important applicant information
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.