Workday HCM Project Manager
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
HR Technology and Analytics Branch (HRMOI) is responsible for the development and implementation of the HR Technology strategy and Roadmap that enables efficient and effective HR business processes and activities while ensuring compliance with HR Policies and legislative requirements.
Our technology strategy priorities are to create value for the Organization through provision of trusted workforce data and analytics for smarter people management decisions, reduced administrative burden for our employees through automation and self-services, and making life at work better through awesome employee experience.
To support these priorities, WFP has selected the Workday Human Capital Management Platform, and is now looking for an experienced project manager to lead the implementation.
We are seeking a Workday HCM Project Manager to join the WFP Project Team. In this role, you will support the implementation of the Workday HCM platform and it’s integrations with internal and external systems, design end-state and assess implementation feasibilities for feature requests and initiatives. You will leverage your knowledge of Workday HCM to work with WFP’s business process owners and Corporate IT technical resources to identify and document detailed requirements, architect solutions, design and drive completion of initiatives making sure overall usability of the system and it’s downstream dependencies are optimized.
- Work closely with key stakeholders from the business to drive prioritization of feature requests and initiatives in Workday and integrating systems, reporting tools.
- Work closely with stakeholders from the business and Corporate IT technical resources to architect technology solutions needed to drive alignment of business needs and lead discussions to arrive at mutually agreeable solution options.
- Manage initiatives end to end from project planning through testing to delivery to ensure a successful end-user experience for all new deployments and on-going maintenance of Workday HCM and integrations.
- Have an in-depth understanding of system functionality and integrations from a business purpose and impact perspective.
- Maintain system level standardization and industry best practices when architecting solutions.
- Work with technical resources to maintain platform health and look for continuous improvement options.
- Ensure system and process alignment with IT compliance and IT general controls.
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders and Corporate IT technology team to ensure our commitment around service and delivery per agreed upon schedule.
- Lead the relationship with both the software vendor and any professional services engagements
- Work with Corporate Systems technology leads and business stakeholders on Workday roadmap.
- Contribute to design and assemble the project team. Effectively manage Project resources.
- Manage Workday implementation through all life cycles stages in close relationship with the project Director and the project teams.
- Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Create and deliver project level documentation (i.e., status reports, RAID logs, project plans etc)
- Ensure project outlined in the SOW is delivered on-time, on-budget
- Manage resource allocation proactively by ensuring that appropriate resources and tools are assigned according to the project plan.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes as defined in the change management plan; facilitate customer acceptance.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Human Resources, or related field of study.
- 8+ years of professional experience working for a major consulting company or as freelance
- 5+ years of hands on experience delivering Workday HCM implementations as Project Manager
- 3+ years prior experience implementing Workday with a certified Workday implementer
- Experience integrating Workday with other systems especially SAP
- Experience with solution design, system configuration and implementation of changes within Workday.
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions within Workday.
- Experience integrating Workday with other employee productivity and business platforms.
- Project Management experience with focus on design, facilitating development, testing and delivery.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Deep knowledge of Workday business processes and configurations across all modules of HR.
- Existing and up to date Workday Partner Certification in HCM
- Understanding of key HR concepts and processes.
- Ability to facilitate complex discussions.
- Proven experience managing cross functional and multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and team with others.
- Fluency (level C) in oral and written English is essential. An intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is a plus.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 14 July 2021
Ref.: VA 142947
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP welcomes applications from nationals of all countries.
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.