Communication Adviser NORCAP
NORCAP Internal Communications Adviser/textrovert desired
Are you looking for a new challenge? Curious to know more about the behind-the-scenes discussions that drive important initiatives in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors?
Excited at the thought of engaging audiences with information from some of the world’s most challenging crises and contexts?
If so, you could be just what we are looking for!
NORCAP solves challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships, promote more effective ways of working and provide skilled experts to develop capacity. NORCAP is a part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
As our Internal Communications Adviser, you would be part of the NORCAP communications team. The team consists of three people and is responsible for a wide range of communication tasks and activities, such as:
- Maintaining and developing our brand.
- Driving media and advocacy efforts.
- Training and advising spokespeople.
- Collaborating with NORCAP experts, NRC colleagues and partner organisations to raise awareness of challenges, results and achievements of our work.
- Supporting the Executive Director and NORCAP management team in internal and external communication efforts.
- Regular check-ins and collaboration with NRC media, advocacy and external relations colleagues to develop aligned messages, media initiatives and campaigns.
Your role and responsibilities
You will oversee all internal communication initiatives within the NORCAP department, towards our experts and the wider NRC organisation. You would be the first point of contact for the NORCAP Executive Director when it comes to planning and making sure weekly management team meetings and monthly department meetings run smoothly, and ensuring efficient communication between the Director, the management team, the NORCAP department and the rest of NRC.
We are interested in talking to you if:
- You are passionate about constructing clear, engaging and easy to understand messages, even if the topic may be slightly technical, complicated or confusing.
- You are just the right mix of structured and flexible, determined and diplomatic.
- You find inner peace and gratification in developing and implementing well-structured systems, plans and tools and feel excited when you can share them with your colleagues.
- You relish the de-coding of NGO-speak on flaky phone lines from far-away field locations and putting it into words our managers can present to high level donors and diplomats.
- You accept that ordinary, everyday tasks are necessary in fulfilling long-term plans, strategic goals and a higher purpose.
- You manage to keep a cool, level head when technical equipment does not want to cooperate.
- You channel your bursts of creativity into material that is useful and engaging to people in various time zones, cultures and of different attention spans.
- You find it stimulating to work in smaller and larger teams, you quickly translate new information into communication initiative, and you think positively about new opportunities.
Find the full Job Description here.
For any other questions, comments or concerns, contact Ida Fossvik Lomholt, Communication Team Leader NORCAP in NORCAP Head Office / +4793630982 / email@example.com
Please submit all relevant documents when applying
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.