Programme Associate (Social Protection)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles, interested to work in social protection development projects.
The Program Associate will report to the Policy and Program Officer who oversees the Social Protection area. He will work with the local team in the country office and with the regional team to ensure that WFP's overall SRSP strategy in the country is developed and implemented. Additionally, it will work with international cooperation institutions, international financial institutions, and relevant Honduran government agencies to strengthen the country strategy on Social Protection.
WFP's intention is to support national social protection systems by strengthening them and ensuring that they are dynamic and capable of responding to any humanitarian crisis that occurs in the country at any point now or in the future.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate periodic meetings and seek constant collaboration between the technical units of the WFP and the different focal points.
- Prepare reports on the implementation and results of the activities, as well as guarantee that the assigned budget is duly executed.
- Follow up on conversations between WFP and other players, including and mainly government agencies in Honduras.
- Participate in national coordination mechanisms such as the Cash Working Group and others to ensure that they are effectively coordinated with other players working on SRSP.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential alliances with agencies of the Government of Honduras, international cooperation and development organizations, civil society, academia, and the private sector.
- Review and analyze public policy documents at the national and international level to inform the development of policies, programs, and activities.
- Stay up to date with WFP strategies, policies, and processes in SRSP.
- Collaborate in the development of data collection mechanisms necessary for decision-making in the design of policies, programs, and activities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Nutrition, or other related area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Spanish and working knowledge of English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge on Social Protection or related experience.
- Knowledge of the process of analysis, design, proposal, and evaluation of public policies.
- Previous experience working with government agencies as counterparts or knowledge of their internal workings.
- Understanding of how service provision and capacity strengthening work.
- Strategic vision to design and ability to operationalize plans and strategies.
- General knowledge of global debates on social protection.
- Previous experience working in emergency response or risk management.
- Understanding of the importance of including gender and youth issues in social protection and food security programming.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: Programme Associate (Social Protection)
Duty Station: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Type of Contracts: Fixed Term
Position's level: GS6
Duration: 1 year
This position is open only for Honduran citizens or residents.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Position open from 12-25 July 2021
Female applicants are encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, ethnic group, age, sexual orientation, other affiliation or HIV/AIDS status.