||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
- With the evolving operational context in Tigray region, where our client is expected to serve upto 2.1 million beneficiaries with upto 40,000 MT of relief & nutrition cargo every round, our client is not looking into revamping operations to continue to move food assistance.
- They are now expected to also mobilize & manage dedicated fuel operations inside Tigray region to refuel commercial trucks to enable delivery of food, considering the lack of fuel availability in the commercial market inside Tigray region. Our client forecasts need to mobilize upto 0.5 million liters of fuel every round, to support their food operations.
- The incumbent is expected to coordinate the mobilization of fuel from upstream, receive, manage fuel & equipment on the ground & ensure timely refueling of trucks & accounting accordingly to support payment to service providers.
Fuel procurement / payment:
- Coordinate the fuel requirements & mobilization into Tigray region to allocated hubs.
- Liaise with Country Office (CO) in fuel requirements, replenishment plans & cycles, fuel modality (tankers, fuel stations, etc.).
- Establish protocols & SOPs in refueling trucks, ensuring proper accountability & accounting of fuel from receipt to deployment to trucks.
- Secure appropriate facilities on the ground to ensure an efficient refueling operations.
- On daily basis compile reports from all locations into the refueling report.
- Make sure there is adequate amount of funds available with fuel suppliers to avoid any disruption in the operation.
- Report fuel consumption, on fuel consumption, in details per truck / Driver name etc. to the Fleet Manager.
- Review of our clients overall payment balance to ensure that it is accurate.
Manage bulk fuel program:
- Ensure all bulk fuel deliveries are scheduled on time, that all fuel equipment & storage meet the needs of each sub office.
- Based on CO leadership guidance, ensure adequate fuel reserves in case of emergency.
- Coordinate with fuel company personnel to ensure consistent fuel supply.
- Follow appropriate internal controls & protocols.
- Create daily fuel inventory & usage reports to share with the Country Fleet Manager.
- Upon receipt of fuel tankers, properly account & confirm the quantities received to support payments to suppliers.
- Ensure daily fuel burn rate is monitored & all utilization is properly accounted for.
Training & compliance:
- Provide fuel management training.
- Train Sub Office Fuel Clerks in inventory management & Quality Control (QC).
- Ensure that minimum Health, Safety & Environmental (HS&E) requirements are met in full.
- Train Drivers on use of bulk fuel facilities & equipment (as needed).
- Develop fuel management contingency plans in case of fuel shortage or other supply chain disruption.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Advise management on the fuel pipeline status, opportunities for cost savings & potential areas for improvement, conduct price forecasting.
- Occasional travel, as required to support with fleet trucks operations management, in support to Tigray emergency & our clients operations.
- Support in the analysis, identification & procurement process & paper work for fuels for our clients fleet trucks.
- Support in the management of the Fleet Management System (FMS) & associated data entry & management in the system regarding the trucks & fuel.
- Reconcile fuel data in the Fleet management System (FMS), LESS & GPS to ensure that the amount of fuel used matches the distance travelled.
- Support in the monitoring & reporting on the vehicle performance indicators.
- Review & escalate high value or suspicious transactions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
This role reports to the Supervisor.
||- Strong knowledge of transport economics, supply chain, logistics, engineering, business management or other related field, additional years of related work experience & / or training / courses.
- 3 years of experience working in humanitarian logistics & / or in the fleet management operations.
- Experience in commercial or humanitarian transportation sectors.
- Experience monitoring & reporting on transport & freight market conditions & trends.
- Experience in communication & reporting.
- Experience in working with logistics systems (databases, software).
- Fluency in oral & written communication in English.
This role has no team management responsibility.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.