New Delhi (India)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
In collaboration with Member countries, international and bilateral organizations and NGOs to reduce major neglected tropical diseases through strengthening the capacity of the Member States. To reduce burden of dengue/dengue haemorrhagic fever and eliminate yaws and leprosy, lymphatic filariasis, leishmaniasis within targeted date. To prevent and control disease vectors, intermediate hosts and animal reservoirs responsible for the transmission of major vector borne diseases.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of RA-NTD, and broad guidance of the Director, Communicable Diseases Department, the incumbent provides office and secretarial support as follows:
- Screen and distribute incoming correspondence, attaching background information or related file and forwarding to staff concerned, highlighting issues requiring attention; draft replies to general and administrative matters; type technical reports and documents, tabular materials, etc., ensuring conformity with WHO standards; assist in preparing presentations; follow-up on deadlines to ensure timely response
- Obtain documents and information from in-house and external sources and undertake information searches based on brief instructions/guidance
- Maintain filing systems and ensure easy accessibility and retrieval of recordsProgramme support
- Prepare contracts for consultants, Agreement for Performance of Work (APW), Technical Services Agreement (TSA) and General External Services requests (GES), record receipt of deliverables and initiate and monitor payments as needed
- Initiate requisitions for goods procurement and record receipt of deliverables
- Support the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, etc, including typing of lists of participants, preparation of travel requests, letters of invitation, files, presentations and slides, reservation of meeting rooms and hotel accommodation
- Prepare travel requests for official travel, make flight and hotel reservations, prepare travel files and other related matters as requested.
- Replace Executive Assistant during absences (if applicable); perform other related duties as required or instructed, including provision of support to other areas of work.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
Desirable: .Training in secretarial practices. University degree is an asset.
Essential: At least three (3) years' experience in secretarial/clerical/administrative work
Desirable: Experience in WHO or in another UN/International organization would be an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.- Ability to draft standard correspondence;- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training
Other skills (eg. IT) : Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc) and standard office equipment. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 608,064 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.