||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
- Afghanistan is one of the most devastated war torn countries in the world. Recent estimates suggest that more than 7 million people have no or limited access to essential health services due to insufficient coverage by the public health sector & direct interruption due to ongoing conflict & insecurity. Each year hundreds of thousand Afghan migrants & refugees return from Iran & Pakistan, which puts on extra loads on the already stretched health system.
- As of 7th July 2021, the Afghan MOPH has reported over 130,000 COVID-19 cases with over 5,000 fatalities where the country is presently experiencing a 3rd wave with cases of the Delta strain from India now present in the population. The true overall infection rate is believed to be many times higher, as indicated by several nationwide assessments. In the midst of widespread stigma associated with vaccine, MOPH is putting all efforts to roll out COVID-19 vaccines equitably within its limited resources & capacities.
- Our clients migration health program with over 120 staff is actively supporting the Afghanistan MOPH & the WHO to strengthen health service capacity at points of entry, in affected communities & through additional support to other response areas such as health facilities & laboratories to effectively prevent, detect, respond to COVID-19 & other public health threats. Our client provides integrated surveillance & disease control training for frontline health staff, necessary medical, health commodities, analyses & reports on population mobility trends in priority health zones to inform preparedness efforts, as well as risk communication to sensitize impacted areas.
- Under the overall guidance of the Emergency Health National Program Officer & direct supervision of the Medical Officer / MHU Team Leader, the Vaccinator will actively engage in community & facility based immunization activities inclusive of COVID-19 vaccination, risk communication & community engagement activities. S / He is expected to carry out his / her duties in accordance with strictest ethical standards & with due respect for gender & sociocultural sensitivities.
- Provide individual & group health education & awareness raising sessions on predetermined health promotion topics including, but not limited to prevention of malaria, vaccine preventable diseases such as (COVID-19, polio, TB, HBS, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, H-Influenza, Pneumonia, Rota, Measles), malnutrition, maternal child health & WASH (safe drinking water, hygiene, sanitation for those attending health facilities.
- Ensure delivery of routine immunization activities based on MOPH / WHO immunization policy strategy.
- Develop immunization micro plan for outreach & mobile team in consultation with Project Health Assistant / PEMT on monthly / quarterly basis.
- To maintain an update list of the EPI & MCH dropouts to follow them in outreach & mobile sessions.
- To provide COVID-19 vaccines to migrants, IDPs & host community population in target provinces as available.
- Ensure safety of vaccines (observing VVMs), prevent vaccine wastage, regular record vaccine storage temperature & strictly maintain cold chain system at all times.
- To respond immediately to any cold chain irregularity using local resources including transferring vaccines to other closest health facility with cold chain system & report to the Project Health Assistant.
- Timely prepare vaccines need request to PEMT, strictly maintain infection prevention protocols & attend the national EPI events as appropriate.
- Actively seek out communities in need of COVID-19 vaccines & other activities, including regular disease outbreak monitoring, collect statistical information, take part in the health awareness campaign, etc.
- To mobilize the community to immunize their children & women of reproductive age.
- Contribute to the consistent & accurate collection of data into the KOBO system vaccinations & mobile clinic activities.
- Assist medical doctor in identification, reviewing of the medical history & reviewing of examination results during mobile clinic outreach & static border facility consultations.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly & daily schedule of the mobile clinic in collaboration with local govt. stakeholders, the health cluster & partners.
- Maintain a daily checklist of all medical, delivery equipment & medicines to ensure that all medical kits are prepared & fully stocked, with all medical supplies organized, listed & within the expiration period.
- Assist in the overall management of medicine stocks recordkeeping, standard reporting & prepare medicine requisitions.
- Contribute to weekly MHT staff meetings for program development & problem solving.
- Provide complete accurate & on time monthly activity reports, entered daily into KOBO.
- To ensure safe & dignified treatment of all beneficiaries.
- All other duties as assigned.
This role works under the overall guidance of the Emergency Health National Program Officer & direct supervision of the Medical Officer / MHU Team Leader.
||- Diploma in Nursing from an accredited academic institution & recognized & registered by Afghan Medical & Dental Council.
- At least 1 year’s experience in relevant clinical fields, outreach health promotive & preventive activities.
- Previous experience in international organization is an advantage.
- Knowledge & experience with working in the field, medical emergency department & trauma management will be considered an advantage.
- Effectively applies knowledge on clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, administering medication, phlebotomy, maintenance, surveillance data collection, health education etc.
- Previous practical authentic experience on providing psychosocial 1st aid will be advantageous.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders & beneficiaries.
- Working in emergency & development project.
- Must be fluent in English & Pashto, working knowledge of Dari is desirable.
- Respects, promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity &d inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Strong communication & facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with implementing partners.
- Willingness to work long hours & weekends when necessary.
This role has no team management responsibility.
- Internal candidates of the organization as well as external female candidates, will be considered as 1st tier candidates.
- This vacancy is also open to 2nd tier candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, & security clearances.
- Interested applicants are invited to send curriculum vitae through ACBAR website by COB of 31st July 2021 latest.
- We do not accept hard copies of resumes.
- Applicants must indicate the province that s / he is applying for.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
- Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.