Logistics and Casework Intern - Fall 2021
Silver Spring (United States of America)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. Domestically, our 26 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Logistics Specialist prepares for the arrival of new refugees by assuring safe, sanitary, and furnished housing is secured for each client. The Casework team provides services post-arrival to orient refugees and asylees to their life in the US by linking each client to both internal and public services available to them.
- Maintain physical and electronic client case files.
- Furnish new homes for refugee clients.
- Transport, track and value donations.
- Assist clients with various appointments and applications in the field and at the office.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Intern will gain experience managing physical and electronic filing systems.
- Intern will learn how housing is secured and prepared for newly arriving refugees.
- Intern will acquire knowledge of programs and public benefits available for refugees and asylees during their resettlement period.
- Intern will learn reporting requirements for resettlement agencies and how capturing data improves services.
- Intern will gain US field office experience interacting with refugees and asylees.