Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Enforce maintenance schedule as per established routines with an external service provider
- Ensure quarterly site visits to field offices to troubleshoot issues and maintain equipment and networks are adhered to and reliably carried out
- Work with budget holders to ensure that hardware replacement policy is adequately planned and budgeted for each October
- Ensure that only standardized equipment is purchased and the number of brands/ models in circulation are limited to the extent possible
- Ensure that machine images are kept up to date (minimum every 6 months) with the essential software suites required.
- Cisco Meraki dashboard
- O365/ sharepoint administration
- Agresso user substitutions
- FreshService ticketing
- Monitor LAN and subsequent WAN bandwidth usage and advice management on LAN/WAN improvement
- Ensure only standard NRC networking equipment is used on all office networks (Cisco Meraki stack)
- Work with Ethiotel to troubleshoot issues and ensure network reliability in line with NRC requirements for available bandwidth per user
- Implement and maintain networked attendance and CCTV system with centralized monitoring
- Direct all support queries via the ticketing system and monitor the performance of the support provided
Management of Vendor Services
- Work directly with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Request and evaluate services with vendors and service providers.
- Work with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Work with vendors and vendor supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Develop and maintain country level Standard Operating Procedures
- Deliver quarterly training sessions over Zoom to deal with common issues
- Participate in programme Designs / Concept note formulations and provide innovative / digital ways to allow current and future programmes to reach scale.
- Share with programme teams best practices and different digital solutions that can be implemented within the current country context.
- Lead the implementation of Digital Community Hub Initiatives to improve communication with communities in conjunction with RO / HO
- Supports decision making within the CMG team by communicating complex technical ideas and problems clearly.
- Providing the country with relevant technological solutions that assists the country and area / field offices in working more efficiently at the same time saving on costs and time
Skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance
Generic professional competencies:
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- 4 year of experience is required
- Certification in ITIL V3 and above will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hands on Experience and knowledge in hardware, LAN/WLAN
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PHP, Python etc.) will be an added advantage
- Prior ICT experience in a setup with environmental and geographical constraints.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to get results