Trade Promotion Coordinator
The overall objective of the ‘Aid for Trade in Uzbekistan’ project is to foster inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Uzbekistan by promoting trade and increasing competitiveness.
The project endeavors to support the Government of Uzbekistan to enhance national capacities and bringing international expertise to support the country’s WTO accession process, as well as building productive and export capacities for niche products, which will be identified in the agricultural, agro-industrial, and also in other employment-rich and potentially green sectors, to contribute to more economically, socially and environmentally sustainable growth patterns.
To achieve the overall objective, the project is structured around three complementary and mutually reinforcing components:
- enhance national capacities and bringing international expertise to support the country’s WTO accession process,
- supporting an enabling environment for job-rich growth in Uzbekistan through a) enabling policies and regulations for inclusive and trade oriented private sector development and b) enhancing capacities of trade support institutions to provide efficient services to the private sector,
- supporting market opportunities for all through more efficient and competitive producers and processors, which contribute to sustainable human development.
The project will be implemented by the UNDP country office in Uzbekistan. The national implementing partner for the project is the Ministry of Investments and Foreign Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Under the direct supervision of the Project manager, Trade Promotion Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of Component 2 of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager the Trade Promotion Coordinator of the project will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in elaboration and supervising execution of the Project’s Annual Plan of Activities for component 2, work plan, analyze emerging problems and propose adequate measures to ensure timely fulfillment of envisioned tasks;
- Analyze the most recent and relevant national and international practices pertaining to trade and export promotion with particular focus on innovative methods and tools, analyze legal regulatory framework set for trade and export promotion;
- Monitor economic development trends, identify emerging issues of concern for the investment and business climate in Uzbekistan to assess their impact on trade and investment;
- Collect and analyze data on trade related issues/trends for elaboration of policy papers and other analytical documents;
- Provide assistance in carrying out research and in developing and facilitating the knowledge products and analytical outputs of the Project;
- Provide substantive inputs and lead when necessary discussions during meetings organized by the project and/or where project participates;
- Prepare proposals on possible cooperation with other international development organizations in the process of implementing Project’s activities;
- Provide to the Project team advice and guidance on trade promotion issues;
- Provide assistance with the overall monitoring and evaluation of the project and ensure that all activities are implemented efficiently as planned.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment, self-development, initiative-taking;
- Creates synergies through self-control.
- Has excellent oral communication skills and written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings;
- Demonstrates maturity and confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking members of national and international institutions, government and non-government.
- Demonstrates Leadership and Self-Management;
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and in a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Organizes and completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Handles when necessary a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Content specific skills: experience supporting trade promotion agencies/companies, trade policy and development, private sector development;
- Excellent knowledge of trade policy and regulations, and agro-processing as one of the leading export sectors;
- Research skills: ability to produce high-quality analytical outputs;
- Equipped with analytical tools;
- Ability to identify and address policy issues and present analytical findings in non-technical terms.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.