Manager, Digital Marketing
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Senior Manager, Digital Marketing
Location: Temporarily remote; Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Contact level with Children: B
What can you expect from a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca/careers
- Manage the online acquisition, awareness, and engagement of digital marketing campaigns and budget to aggressively grow Plan Canada sponsorships and new donors, improve awareness and increase engagement rates. This includes the development of agency briefings, media targeting, creative production, execution of optimization opportunities, post analysis of campaigns and other project management necessities
- Oversee and manage direct reports, cultivating growth opportunities for them and helping to strengthen their existing skillset
- Manage the digital media vendor/agency workflow and relationships to maintain long term value and consistently provide high quality donor touch points
- Monitor and evaluate online results to ensure key performance measurements are being met; collaborate with colleagues in the Digital Marketing team to identify optimization opportunities and working with the agency to execute on those opportunities
- Strong collaboration with our PR team to identify influencer campaign and promotional opportunities
What does success look like?
- The successful leadership and execution of paid marketing campaigns that reach our financial goals, leading to sustainable income growth
- Collaborative mindset and ability to develop integrated partnership with teams & stakeholders
- Successful holistic creation, execution and management of digital initiatives, meeting the KPIs of each campaign
- Strong online performance and execution of thoughtful optimizations during soft quarters
- Maintain a strong pulse on the current and developing landscapes of digitally-advanced countries and showcase an innovative and ongoing understanding of industry best practices
- An increase in digital revenue growth year over year and an increase in our average annual revenue per tenured donor
- An enthusiasm to share digestible audience and growth insights with our MPC (Marketing, Philanthropy, Communications) team
- Stay up to date on digital industry developments and continually inform the organization about new tactics, testing possibilities, strategies and opportunities
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- A robust background in digital marketing management and performance centered campaigns, preferably at a digital marketing agency or a role with a similar scope in the non-profit sector
- A holistic understanding and vast previous experience across paid digital channels, including Search, Social, Display and Remarketing
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing online strategies with an understanding of acquisition journeys
- Experience with web analytics reporting software, especially Google Analytics
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical and interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with diverse personalities within a hybrid work setting
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 2, 2021.
Plan International Canada hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and to providing an inclusive workplace. Plan International Canada especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you have a disability that may affect your ability to perform in a role in which you are interested, we will be happy to discuss with you what adjustments or arrangements we can make to accommodate your needs. If your disability is likely to affect you adversely within the application process itself, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!