Specialist, Email Design and Marketing
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Manager, Email Marketing
Location: Temporarily remote; Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Status: Full-time, contract (12-month contract)
Contact level with Children: B
What can you expect from a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
- Performing day-to-day email marketing creation activities including email campaign setup, coding, testing, tagging, recipient data selection, scheduling, and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic email campaigns
- Designing creative elements of emails (i.e.: banner images) in coordination with our internal stakeholders and Creative team
- Creating email templates leveraging our Salesforce Marketing Cloud automation platform
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to image graphics, email coding (HTML/CSS), list segmentation, deliverability, and other aspects of email execution, as required
- Tracking and reporting on performance of emails (using metrics such as open rates, clickthrough rates, conversion rates, and others), and analyzing the data to determine what worked well and what did not, and suggesting improvements
- Managing the successful execution of assigned initiatives, through project planning, project management against defined key milestones, and communications between all stakeholders
What does success look like?
- The successful build and deployment of email campaigns that directly align with the brief and direction from project team leads and our Email Marketing Manager
- Building new, functional email templates that adapt to a variety of email platforms and screen sizes
- Meticulous eye for detail in order to spot and eliminate errors, and ensure high quality throughout the email campaign cycle
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Staying up to date on the latest trends and best practices around email design, deliverability, user experience, and coding languages
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the email channel through A/B testing, dynamic content, increased personalization, and implementation of industry best practices
- Provide creative input on email layouts; image editing and optimization; ability to design and create graphic elements to be used within email campaigns
- Collaborating with our other Email Marketing team members to ensure clarity regarding project ownership and project progress
An enthusiasm to share digestible audience and performance insights with our MPC (Marketing, Philanthropy, Communications) team
As our ideal candidate you will have:
Experience in Email Marketing, including experience in building email templates
Proven experience working with graphic design templates
Proficiency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s Email Studio and Content Builder applications
Experience in managing email marketing campaigns end-to-end from planning, targeting, setup, QA testing, deployment, and reporting
Knowledge of HTML/CSS specifically for email development, as well as accessibility and legal frameworks AODA and CASL
Experience analyzing campaign success using data from the email deployment platform as well as Google Analytics
Bold creativity and fluency with graphic design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite (i.e.: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
Great communication skills and an interest in building relationships and working alongside a wide variety of stakeholders
A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with diverse personalities within a hybrid work setting
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 2, 2021.
Plan International Canada hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and to providing an inclusive workplace. Plan International Canada especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you have a disability that may affect your ability to perform in a role in which you are interested, we will be happy to discuss with you what adjustments or arrangements we can make to accommodate your needs. If your disability is likely to affect you adversely within the application process itself, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can consider any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!