Procurement Associate (NPSA6)
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
This is a local position which opens to only Cambodian national. For language, please select KHM = KhmerThis position is under National Personnel Services Agreement modality. Please refere to the link for detail of NPSA policy: https://popp.undp.org/SitePages/POPPSubject.aspx?SBJID=499&Menu=BusinessUnit&Beta=0
Duties and Responsibilities
Procurement Associate will be working under direct supervision of Procurement Analyst and working close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects team.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Development and update supply chain plan follow the approved procurement plan.
- Coordinate with suppliers, shipping agencies, and customs clearance agents to ensure safe and fast release and collection of goods and storage in line with INCOTERMS
- Review and ensure the correctness of shipping documents received from suppliers in compliance with UNDP requirements.
- Arrangement of customs clearance, releases of UNDP imported supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Facilitation of transportation and off-loading and inspection of arriving supplies to designated sites.
- Liaise with relevant governmental authorities and stakeholders on all logistics needs to ensure smooth delivery of supplies.
- Presentation of reports on procurement in the CO.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized training in supply chain management. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of progressively responsible procurement, logistics management and administrative experience are required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience in supply chain management is required.
- Fluency in both English and Khmer (written and verbal).
- Travel to the field may be required to perform the assignment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.