Senior Marketing and Communications Speicalist
United States (United States of America)
You will lead the development and execution of YLabs’ marketing and communication strategy organization-wide. This will include but is not limited to public relations, website and social media, brand expression, and partner communications. You may also provide editorial support to elevate our external communications, including pitch decks, reports, and conference presentations. This position reports directly to the CEO, as part of the Growth and Partnerships team at YLabs. It is supported by additional communications staff and social media coordinators.
This is a full-time position which requires the ability to legally work in the United States. While a majority of our US staff live and work remotely in California, there is no requirement for this role to be based out of California. If you choose to work remotely, it will be necessary to travel to the Berkeley office at times for in-person meetings, dependent on current COVID-19 restrictions.
Please check the website link for full job description and responsibilities!
- Passionate about improving the health and opportunity of young people globally
- Committed to operationalizing equity in our work and decolonizing global health
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and excited to help grow an dynamic, creative organization
- Enthusiastic about building and supporting a team to learn, grow, and deliver high-quality, impactful work
- Committed to building trusting, convivial working relationships that support wellness, creativity, and collective joy
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate evening calls with staff in other timezones
- Adaptable and optimistic when faced with changing circumstances and challenges
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a communications role
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong commitment to YLabs’ mission, vision, and values
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills with high attention to detail; the ability to effectively tailor the style and voice to the intended audience
- Previous experience drafting press releases, corporate statements, executive communications, and internal communications
- Experience in media relations and building an organization’s media profile
- Exemplary project management skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with vendor and consultant management, especially in working with designers
- Strong experience with email marketing software/platforms (preferably Mail Chimp)
- Proficiency in website management, ideally Squarespace or similar
- Expertise and interest in managing different social media and networking sites such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, and YouTube
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Additional language skills
- PR agency experience
This role is based in Berkeley, California. Applicants must possess current and valid U.S. Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Marketing & Communications Specialist USA. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This posting will be open from August 23rd to September 30th 2021. Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. YLabs recognizes the effort that goes into submitting an application; all candidates will be notified of their application status once the hiring process begins.
All YLabs offers of employment are conditional on satisfactory background check and criminal record clearances.