Job Training AmeriCorps
Baltimore (United States of America)
Background: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
Scope of Service: The Job Training AmeriCorps will provide training and educational services to improve client capacity to obtain and retain employment and maintain economic self-sufficiency. This position will report to the Employment Specialist.
- Deliver and update as appropriate existing job training curriculum
- Implement and conduct vocational training courses that include ESL, cultural and workplace orientation, mock interviews, creation of resumes, and job skills development sessions.
- Maintain accurate attendance records and document in client files as required
- Administer client pre- and post-assessments as required and documentresults in case files
- Ensure that information required for program eligibility and reporting purposes is collected and that accurate records are maintained, including case files andclient data entry
- Ensure necessary steps are taken to obtain relevant data in atimely fashion; follow-up with all clients regularly and record all contacts with case notes
- Participate in all program meetings, development activities, and other meetings as needed
- Assist in the onboarding of new volunteers and interns as relevant