Senior Program Coordinator, Libya , LES 7 - subject to funding
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is a treaty-based international organization with Headquarters in The Hague, the Netherlands. Its mandate is to secure the cooperation of governments and others in locating and identifying missing persons. As the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons, ICMP maintains field programs throughout the world. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP is implementing a multi-year project in Libya to assist efforts to account for persons missing in Libya as a result of armed conflict and violations of human rights. Under this project, ICMP will work with government authorities and other institutions, civil society organizations and families of the missing, to facilitate the use of advanced forensic techniques, to build a foundation for rule-of-law institutions that successfully and impartially investigate missing persons cases, and to enable families and other civil society actors to engage in the process.
The successful candidate will respond to and support the Program Manager in the day-to-day implementation of the ICMP Libya program, ensuring that it is carried out in line with ICMP strategy. This includes serving as point of contact for ICMP, liaising and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to prosecutors’ offices, specialized institutions, government ministries and other institutions, and any other relevant stakeholders working on the issue of missing persons in Libya. The Senior Program Coordinator will also be responsible for the effective and efficient planning and coordination of ICMP activities in Libya. They will assist the Program Manager in the administration of the Program through supervising activities related to Communications, Security, IT and Documentation.
In the absence of the HoP, the Senior Program Coordinator will act as Officer in Charge (OIC).
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Manager, the Senior Program Coordinator duties and responsibilities will include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Work towards the implementation of the ICMP’s strategic goals and activities;
- Advise the Program Manager on political and other issues that affect implementation of program activities;
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, act as interlocutor with government officials, authorities and decision makers, as well as international organizations, and other stakeholders active in the missing persons issue in Libya;
- Oversee finance, communications, security, IT and documentation activities;
- Identify and maintain as appropriate relations with Libyan institutions, civil society and academic stakeholders;
- In coordination with the legal officer, implement a system to monitor, research and analyze legal and policy developments related to the issue of missing persons;
- As delegated by the Program Manager, represent ICMP at meetings and events.
Planning and coordination
- Maintain the schedule of the activities of the Program, including deliverables, bilateral consultations, roundtable meetings, policy dialogues meetings and training sessions
- Under the lead of the Program Manager, follow up on actions to be taken with regard to decisions adopted;
- Develop notes at each meeting to be cleared with participants.
Security management support
- Support the Program Manager in leading the Libya Program Crisis Management Team, accountable for security within the program,
- Support the overseeing of security management within the program in accordance with ICMP plans, policies and procedures
- Under the lead of the Program Manager and in coordination with the Director of Corporate Services (HQ), support the Program in analyzing security threat and risk assessments ;
- Help coordinate security arrangements for staff travelling in country or in Tunisia.
Event organization and planning
- Provide support and work closely with the Program Manager on external events;
- Serve as Focal point for roundtables, policy events, and other type of events organized by the Program in Libya and/or Tunisia;
- Plan and implement events tasks, as well as ensure active follow up, as necessary
- Coordinate logistics and provide agendas, notices, minutes and preparatory materials before the conferences;
- Provide administrative support to any event organized by the Program;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to international participants and ICMP Staff attending events;
- Liaise with HQ Corporate Services for events planning when the conferences are held abroad.
Communications and Media
- Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and the direction of the Communications team at HQ, develop and implement the communication strategy for the Program;
- Provide inputs for communication activities.
Other duties as assigned.