Manager â Procurement and Logistics
Starting date: Immediately
Application Process: On Rolling Basis
About SELCO Foundation
SELCO Foundation is an open source, not for profit organization that engages in field-based R&D and ecosystem building for deployment of clean energy solutions that alleviate poverty in under-served areas. The organization works in collaboration with practitioners in the social sector, energy entrepreneurs, NGOs from various developmental sectors and educational institutions to link the benefits of sustainable energy for poverty eradication. More than 500 million people in India live without access to reliable energy. It has been proven time and again that Sustainable Energy can be the catalyst for many of the poor and underserved communities to push them out of poverty by giving them tools for better education, access to cleaner fuels, better opportunities of livelihoods, improved health conditions etc.
Job Description :
- He/She is responsible for ensuring all purchases in the organisation are done as per the procurement/finance policy.
- Responsible for writing and publishing tenders, processing tender applications, working on agreements and work order etc.
- As per the procurement request ensuring multiple vendors are approached for quotations so that the best product is bought at best rate.
- Responsible for vendor negotiations and ensure all procurements are happening at best value.
- Responsible for creating a database of suppliers/vendors in all the geographies that we work in.
- Proactively supports logistically the programs and implementation teams to achieve deliverables
- Proactively ensure timely raising of POs, payment of advances, submitting of bills and settling of final payments
- Responsible for tracking of all procurements, assets in books and field.
- Responsible for all logistical arrangement of the events organisation hosts
a) Minimum 7+ years of work experience in relevant field
b) Strong skillsets to plan meticulously and rigorously follow up on day today basis.
c) Ability to evaluate quality of solar components, electrical components, health equipments and agri processing solutions etc
d) Strong negotiation skills
e) Strong language skills of English, Hindi and Kannada preferred
f) Strong communication skills, both written and oral resulting in competent negotiations
g) Ability to collaborate and coordinate within the team and other verticals
h) Able to work with vendors, logistics personnel (internal and external) to ensure desired deadlines are met
i) Graduation or post-graduation in related fields
Remuneration: Depends on qualification and experience // Apply now - Send in your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line âApplication for the post of Manager â Procurement and Logisticsâ.