National Legal Officer (NP1)
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of Human Dimension Officer, who is primarily responsible for the general areas of the enhancement of security in the human dimension and promotion of non-discrimination, the incumbent serves as a national lawyer on human rights, gender equality, combating gender-based violence and other forms of abuse and exploitation, and other related civil and criminal law matters, and assists the HDO and PM with planning and implementing projects in these fields.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of theHuman Dimension Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Provides legal advice and recommendations on laws and regulations, especially in the fields of human rights, gender-based
violence and other forms of abuse and exploitation, gender equality, children’s and youth rights, migration and related civil and
criminal law matters;
- Serves as legal expert for the HDO, PM and other Mission Members within these areas;
- Serves as a project officer in the development, implementation, monitoring and supervision of projects related to legal and policy
reforms in the same areas, as well as trial monitoring if required;
- Maintains contacts with governmental officials, CSOs, and international organizations;
- Participates in meetings and thematic Working Group meetings in the settlement process format;
- Serves as the Mission’s alternate Anti-Trafficking Focal Point for the Mission
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
- University degree in law;
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant professional experience;
- Holding a valid driving license
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Russian and in local language;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Resident of the Republic of Moldova
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction is EUR 1253. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed.
Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.